Contribute
Register

Hackintosh Build For Music Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gainward 9500 GT 1gig DDR 2 quiet fan-less and very cheap. Meets all the requirements for music mashine , all out work without problems olso HDMI.

shimunology said:
Gainward 9500 GT 1gig DDR 2 quiet fan-less and very cheap. Meets all the requirements for music mashine , all out work without problems olso HDMI.

Does this have Dual-DVI????

shimunology said:

Does it have another name than just Gainward?

p.s.: at least the 8800 and 9800 have 2x DVI. My gainward has.

All parts ordered today :)

Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 rev2
Intel i5 760 - 1156 Lynnfield Quad Core, 2.8 GHz
Coolermaster Elite 430
Corsair HX650w PSU
4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 PC3-10666, 1333MHz (2 x 2GB)
1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, SATA HD
Pioneer DVR-S19LBK (SATA DVD Drive)
KFA2 - nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB (Dual-DVI) PCI-E
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro v2

After some extensive searching the i managed to get the lot at a total cost with Postage & Insurance - £500!!!! Bargain!

Cannot wait to have all of this running :)
Will post methods etc once its built!

1. Fast... call em and say you wanna have 2x4GB not 2x2GB. (little more bucks, MUCH more speed, esp. for Music production)
2. Fast... Also call em and buy another drive... why buying that drive? Buy a Sony Optiarc... here wiki/index.php/Optical_Disc_Drive_Database ... or one of the LGs

Besides that, the rest looks good :)

Look at my second build with H55M-UD2H.
This mobo has a both FW and USB (3) ports.

With a Scythe Mugen II rev. B cooler and a Vapor-X GPU inside a Cooler Master Mystique aluminium case, I got an extremely quiet machine.

damndoe said:
1. Fast... call em and say you wanna have 2x4GB not 2x2GB. (little more bucks, MUCH more speed, esp. for Music production)
2. Fast... Also call em and buy another drive... why buying that drive? Buy a Sony Optiarc... here wiki/index.php/Optical_Disc_Drive_Database ... or one of the LGs

Besides that, the rest looks good :)

I will be investing in more RAM soon, just need to get the machine built first (being a student makes my finances very strict) :( ...... I will most probably loose the 2x2gb in a couple of month to make way for 2x4gb.....

As for the Drive i have always used Pioneer equipement so i trust there stuff, if i have issues then i will loose it & change to the Sony Optiarc :)

Thanks man

djmikeyc said:
As for the Drive i have always used Pioneer equipement so i trust there stuff, if i have issues then i will loose it & change to the Sony Optiarc :)
About Pioneer DVD writers I can say that they're undoubtedly good stuff but with my hackintosh based on X58A-UD3R rev. 2 sometimes my DVR 218L goes sleeping and I'm forced to "resume" it with Toast, pretending to write some data... In fact when it sleeps there's no way to open it.
Perhaps, Sony Optiarc don't have this issue...

wavesequence said:
djmikeyc said:
About Pioneer DVD writers I can say that they're undoubtedly good stuff but with my hackintosh based on X58A-UD3R rev. 2 sometimes my DVR 218L goes sleeping and I'm forced to "resume" it with Toast, pretending to write some data... In fact when it sleeps there's no way to open it.
Perhaps, Sony Optiarc don't have this issue...

Thanks for the advice & info... In this case i will return the pioneer drive & get myself the Sony Optiarc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back