Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello forum I’m new to your community and would like to ask for a build or at least hints.

While looking threw the October build list I have found many broken links. I have never been brave enough to create my very own Hackintosh. Now I seem to have no fear, but I will take advice from the pros! That’s you guys.

For the most part I need a ridiculous beast. My Mac Mini has lost it’s shine and my Macbook Pro can’t handle much more stress.

Restrictions3000$

-Requirements 2 screens, 3 would be nicer if not 4. These don’t need to be counted as a part of the 3000$ just an obvious pointer towards graphic card needs.

This is for screen real estate, as work keeps a ridiculous amount of screens open.

-I have need of high end processor and graphics

I compile or clean up, a large amount of Photoshop and music crap. I have to archive this junk in a pile o drives the companies give me, blah blah blah.These drives are not my property and cannot be changed or upgraded unless they say so. (sometimes I want to drop kick them and say whoops)

I also am an avid gamer junkie and have been wanting to transition into Battle Field and the ability to turn the settings on Star Craft 2 up beyond low.

-Enough ram to create a “ram disk” to run a server on. This is a group request and has an extra 1500$ backing if need be.(In theory it sounds wonderful but be honest with your opinions please)

I am also a Minecraft Junkie and have had the pleasure of playing on our own server for awhile. It has gone the way side of “woops” somebody tripped and dumped coffee into the top of the old sad sack!

-A SSD drive that can house 150 to 200 GB of my own crap easily without problem, so probably 500 GB. (I would prefer high read speeds and write speeds)

- A couple standard hard drives for redundant back up one for server saves and one for my SSD back up.

I originally intended to attempt to make a Hackintosh that was oil cooled but let’s start with a tower for today. If it goes well I can upgrade to a fish tank and over clock like a jerk.

I fully intend on either emulating or partitioning a drive for windows.
I also intend on running the server for the most part 24/7. (if possible)

If your build is over the top and cost sworse than 3000$ and 1500$ for a grand total of 4500$ I could do it but my wife might kill me at this point. Remember the 1500 is ram only love.

I worked my butt off to save this money over the past 3 months, so do me proud!

jesus, what exactly is it that you do other than minecraft? tell me what you do and i can recomend some parts. so far it sounds like an i5 4670k, a gigabyte z87X-UD5H, a gtx 780, and about 16 gb of ram are in your future

I do anything from a simple layout for spam you get in the mail to full blown ad edits of videos for probably web video commercials that people love so much. Sometimes I end up doing cad crap for funzies but thats for friends and such. Last use for cad was for Brandon. He had me render of a skateboard, then we made the laser cutter go to town etching out designs and neat patterns. I'm lazy as hell and tend to just keep tethering my computers together to syphon every last drop of there lives out of them. But I saved and want to have a beast. I want a render to be done quickly for once! and 16 GB of ram sounds a tad small as I have that now in just my laptop and it gets prissy when I ask it to give up the final save.All by it's self I was fully intending on making a 16 GB ram disk server.

k, the customac pro shopping list is pretty solid. hard drives and other sata devices are pretty much universally compatible, but i and other people have had trouble with western digital drives. The case and power supply are pretty much universal. for a 780, a 600-750 watt power supply should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back