Contribute
Register

Hackintosh a computer for use with ProPresenter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
We have a computer at our youth group that we would like to run ProPresenter on it. I am wondering if the computer is compatible to be "Hackintoshed" as the Mac version of ProPresenter does more. It would have to be reliable as we will be using it every week. It is strictly the youth ministry's so it's really only ever used once a week. The computer is already built. It's been sitting in a closet. For over a year. Here are the specs:
Computer Specs.jpg
Is it possible?

I am actually trying to get propresenter working on a hackintosh as well - I got OSX up and running on my rig last night, so now I just need to try propresenter. My guess is from quickly looking at your specs it should work. I would recommend, if you have access to any spare hard drives, just disconnect your windows drive for now and try installing OSX on the spare drive. If it works you are good to go, but if it doesnt you havent lost anything and can just hookup your original drive.

Only issue I see is possibly your video card. According to this thread it worked back in SL days, but had to play with the kext a little. Alternatively, another solution that isnt too pricy is just to buy a new card that you know will work out of box - I couldn't get my graphics going with the on board chip, so I bought this off amazon for $40 and it works like a charm.

Let me know if you get it working - curious to see your results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back