i5 6400
Graphics
HD 530 - 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

First and foremost: My profile is updated, I use the Gigabyte mobo + i5 6400 CPU combo (with High Sierra).
I opened Hackintool, and I am amazed that a tool like this exists! However, I don't know how to use it like a pro.
For example, why the first line contains under Device Name the value: "Xeon E3-1200 etc"? I use a i5 Skylake CPU.
Also, I see that on line 5, Hackintool recognizes that audio can be passed via my dGPU (Nvidia GT 1030), but in reality macOS (or AppleALC) doesn't show any option for HDMI audio.

How accurate is this info I see here?
Thank you!

1641902573606.png

@danideicide,

The PCIe device list generated by Hackintool is accurate and will list all devices found on the CPU's PCIe bus.

The devices names are resolved using each devices PID (PCIe ID) and VID (Vendor ID) against an online database, things like CPU's and IGPU's tend to have a generic generation PID & VID as such its not unusual to see "Xeon" in the device name for the CPU (and sometimes other devices) as the associated PID covers both desktop and work station (Xeon) variants of that CPU generation.

It's important to understand that whilst all PCIe devices will be listed, not all devices listed will necessarily have a MacOS device driver (kext) assigned to them.

You can check which kext is attached to a specific device by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the first column of each device listed.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Wow, thank you for your answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back