Contribute
Register

Hackintoh won't boot when usb hard drive plugged in ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
intel xeon 2.8 ghz quad core
Graphics
geforce 8400 g5 256 mb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a hard disk plugged in with usb to the computer for backup needs .. When booting the hackintosh it's stuck on apple logo, but it's working when hard disk isn't connected.
It does work when it's plugged on verboose mode.
Although, when plugging 2 hard drives with usb, the bios screen is stuck (USB boot is disabled)!
Please help!! :banghead::banghead:

This is weird .. Tried to boot with ScanSingleDrive=Yes command and it did. Added to the plist file and it worked. Second time it stopped- WT* ? :banghead:
With the command when it worked, it didn't fix the bios that is stucked (with 2 usb hdd connected). Bios stuck with 2 connected, and hackintosh with 1 ..

I had a Seagate NAS HDD 4TB SATA 6GB NCQ 64 MB Cache Bare Drive ST4000VN000, and I hooked it up via standard sata, got mac to boot, formatted to exfat, restarted, and couldn't start with the drive hooked up ever since. Computer would either not begin booting or hang at the "Gigabyte" logo screen. Bought a usb 3.0 bay and tried booting with the HDD in the bay and hooked up via usb 3.0. Same problem.

Does hackintosh not play well with HDDs? That seem a bit extreme.

Link to my build

I had a Seagate NAS HDD 4TB SATA 6GB NCQ 64 MB Cache Bare Drive ST4000VN000, and I hooked it up via standard sata, got mac to boot, formatted to exfat, restarted, and couldn't start with the drive hooked up ever since. Computer would either not begin booting or hang at the "Gigabyte" logo screen. Bought a usb 3.0 bay and tried booting with the HDD in the bay and hooked up via usb 3.0. Same problem.

Does hackintosh not play well with HDDs? That seem a bit extreme.

Link to my build

Almost same here ..
Got 2 HDDS formatted to mac and if 2 or more connected it hangs on intel boot screen and if even 1 it hangs on apple logo (It does boot in verboose mode).
What's going on??! :banghead:

up

Please HELP! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Corrected ScanSingleDevice in the plist and the mac is on with 2 usb's plugged in but can't pass the bios when 2 are in, it's just gets stuck (1 can pass)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back