CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT710
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sleep used to work, but recently after entering sleep mode it wakes up within a few seconds. I'm on the latest Mojave. I don't think this was related to any hardware changes.

I swapped in my Windows SSD and sleep worked fine there.

Any suggestions for things to try?

I'm going to disconnect all of my USB devices except for the keyboard.
I've tried looking in Console to see what the logs say, but don't know what I should be looking for.
I'll try logging out my user account and seeing if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help.

Do you have a custom SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext configured for the USB ports in your system? As the most likely event to cause an instant wake on the system is a USB Device.

If not you should have a read and follow the guidance in UtterDisbelief's USB configuration guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/
Thanks for the reply. I'll have to check how my USB ports are configured. My initial install was of El Capitan in 2016 or so, following one of the guides here, so it's been a while.

It certainly appears to be USB related, as with just a keyboard/mouse connected sleep appeared to work - it didn't immediately wake up. Unfortunately it also seems to have shut down overnight (by itself) so I need to figure out that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back