Gigabyte H55N-USB3
Intel i3 530
4GB DDR3 Corsair Ram
5 x 2TB HD
1 x 3TB HD
SiI3132 Sata Card
Fractal Design FD-MININAS
OSX 10.6.6 Server

the build was easy put it together its a tight case but its dam slick looks sexy as o and its quite :) the reason i got a sata card is due to the fact this board only has 4 sata posts on it and i want to get use of the 6 HDD bays that i have, plus its a server so i need all the space i can get :) im using onboard video and currently running AFP, Print Server, SMB and VPN its just for my home network, i keep all my data on this including TV Shows, Movies & Personal files.......

hope you all like this build as much as i did :)

ill get some photos up asap :) power got no idea mate cant help you there its got a 400W PSU and that works no problem....

I'm curious, did you have to do anything special to install SL Server that would otherwise not need to be done for a regular SL install?

I have nearly identical components to yours which are intended for a different project but the case has been delayed so I'd like to put them to use for a SL Server project right now. Or, if you followed a specific guide, please post the link.

Thanks,
~B

ok guys it took a fair bit of stuffing around to get it working..... but i installed client 10.6.0 and then updated to the latest, atm i think at the time was 10.6.5 (keep in mind if you wish to use onboard graphics you need to have 10.6.4 or higher and you need to remove the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext from the system extensions folder) also keep in mind anytime you do a system update for example 10.6.4 - 10.6.5 the kext will reappear make sure you remove BEFORE restart otherwise you wont have onboard graphics :) ok so once you have installed client to where you wish you then install server but when you go to install server off the cd it will say please restart and wont let you go and further so you need to access the cd via the finder, go, to folder menu once you have done that install using the pkg file on the cd and it will install over the top while your still in client once you have restarted there you go server all up and running :)

hope this helps guys have fun ill try and get some photos up asap!!!

here are some photos of the build:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Looks great! Especially the case. I've gotta build myself a server sometime :p

does it play 1080p material via plex with the integrated graphics?
i'm planning to do a very similar build - and this is the major question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back