Hack Pro and App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
CPU
Graphics
On-board
I'm not really sure where to put this question.....so...in order to get the app store to function you have to register with a credit card -- there is no other way to do without the credit card (at least not as a Canadian).

I don't necessarily have an issue with it, but I'm just curious if it's "safe" to do it on a hackintosh. Anyone?

I'm not really sure where to put this question.....so...in order to get the app store to function you have to register with a credit card -- there is no other way to do without the credit card (at least not as a Canadian).

I don't necessarily have an issue with it, but I'm just curious if it's "safe" to do it on a hackintosh. Anyone?

Either a Mac or a hack you are submitting ALL the info to Apple and no one else so there is no difference. Its up to Apple to secure your information. Which of course they do with most households having accounts with them.

Thanks for the replies, but I guess I should have been more clear with my original question...I'm not concerned about the CC information itself, but more about the fact that I'd be giving my personal information to Apple and they can see I'm running a hackintosh. I don't want the Apple Police at my door -- that's all.

Thanks for the replies, but I guess I should have been more clear with my original question...I'm not concerned about the CC information itself, but more about the fact that I'd be giving my personal information to Apple and they can see I'm running a hackintosh. I don't want the Apple Police at my door -- that's all.

At this point in time as far as I know there is no way for the app store to tell if you are running a "real" Mac or a PC-Mac. This may change in the future if Apple ever starts tracking serial numbers from actual manufactured Mac machines and does a comparison before allowing the download of the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back