Contribute
Register

hack mini h67 i3 2105, mostly working strange startup issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hackintosh
CPU
i3 2105
Graphics
hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have the hack mini with most of the recommended parts and have been using it for a while now. So far most things work as they should but one issue I cant seem to figure out is when starting up the machine (reboot or cold start) if I have the monitor plugged in i get a error that says memory allocation error and it wont go any further. If i unplug the hdmi cord which i have from the computer to the monitor let the machine load up then plug it in it works fine. I am using a dell sp2309w monitor which has a resolution of 2048*1152 (http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&sku=320-7641). It is clearly the monitor that is causing the issue but is it possible to edit the startup information which will allow it to reboot without unplugging the screen every time? Thanks for the help.

bump, any thoughts on this one? thanks

Attach the DSDT your using..

thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    14.8 KB · Views: 165
The DSDT you have attached is from the database so i don't want to change it.

Did you had this issue from the beginning?

You can upgrade to latest BIOS F9 and use the DSDT file for F9 version available in DSDT database.

If non of the above works then do a fresh installation on a spare harddrive and before you run multibeast extract a DSDT file and save it as .dsl format and attach

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/31716-guide-creating-your-own-dsdt-most-boards.html.

Before doing any changes backup the data.

I only have this issue when I use the dell monitor that i mentioned in the first post. If i use another monitor (ie. dell 2412m 1900x1200) I have no issues. Its almost like the monitor resolution is effecting the startup process which is why I dont think its the aml or bios files. I am somewhat new to the custom aml file procedure but would that allow me to put in different monitor resolution values as the bios loads?

Add these strings into org.chameleon.Boot.plist and see if that makes any difference.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2048x1152x32</string>

Also extract a DSDT save it as .dsl and attach, let me add HDMI edits.

thanks. I added those strings but still no luck. I attached a picture of the error i get.

Attachments

• dsdth67.dsl
    156.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20121007_110400.jpg
    IMG_20121007_110400.jpg
    983.9 KB · Views: 193
deadbeef??? lol

A quick google revelled that lot of people are having this issue. In some threads they talk about formatting the hard drive in other computer. But i don't think it would work. As you said earlier you are not getting this issue if you use other monitor with less res.

The attached DSDT is same one your using. You cannot extract a DSDT on a system which has booted up using a DSDT file.
Use windows or extract it on a fresh installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back