Contribute
Register

H87N-WIFI - Intel HD4600 - i3 4340 - Freezes if I use dual monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
NA
CPU
NA
Graphics
NA
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have the haswell motherboard H87n-wifi with intel i3 4340. I'm using integrated graphics with new Mavericks fresh install. Everything works perfectly except I cannot connect a second monitor to the system. Everything just freezes as soon as I do. Right now I'm just using the DVI port. I have a second identical monitor ready to go with HDMI->DVI cable.

Any ideas?

FIXED! I just had to use the two HDMI ports instead of trying to combine HDMI and DVI.

What resolution are you using?

I am trying to find out if the HD4600 supports dual 2560x1440 monitors through HDMI.

Hello, i succesfully installed Mavericks on Asrock Z-87-PRO4, only after uefi bios update to version 2.00, on Asrock support site. I have some problem, including support for dual monitor. I have a Intel i3-4330 processor, about the same as 4340, and I use LCD monitor connected in DVI port. HDMI port is used to connect LCD Toshiba TV. When i enable TV on port HDMI2, where is connected the cable in TV, Mavericks is freezing and i need to restart from power button. Only way it works is when I boot Mavericks with digital monitor and Digital TV connected, in the same time. Secondly, i was unable to output HDMI audio to Toshiba TV, i used drivers for realtek chipset 892 provided by our great community, multibeast app. I know that is only Mavericks related problem, because windows and Linux Mint(installed on another HDD) do not have that problem. Related to audio problem, front panel audio is not working at all. Appreciate any help, thank you!

Hello, i succesfully installed Mavericks on Asrock Z-87-PRO4, only after uefi bios update to version 2.00, on Asrock support site. I have some problem, including support for dual monitor. I have a Intel i3-4330 processor, about the same as 4340, and I use LCD monitor connected in DVI port. HDMI port is used to connect LCD Toshiba TV. When i enable TV on port HDMI2, where is connected the cable in TV, Mavericks is freezing and i need to restart from power button. Only way it works is when I boot Mavericks with digital monitor and Digital TV connected, in the same time. Secondly, i was unable to output HDMI audio to Toshiba TV, i used drivers for realtek chipset 892 provided by our great community, multibeast app. I know that is only Mavericks related problem, because windows and Linux Mint(installed on another HDD) do not have that problem. Related to audio problem, front panel audio is not working at all. Appreciate any help, thank you!

Did you or anyone get a resolution to the problem where Mavericks freezes when enabling a HDMI port if you have DVI-D already used?

I did figure out that if both are connected at start up, the computer doesn't freeze.

No solution for the moment. Indeed, if all monitors is connected at boot, works correctly.

I did figure out that if both are connected at start up, the computer doesn't freeze.
It is a Haswell Intel driver problem, do not hot plug HDMI. Using the DVI port with a DVI2HDMI adapter does not crash. See Item 6, Before You Start, Post #1, Haswell HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back