Graphics
MSI Nvidia 9400 GT 512MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I am fairly new to the world of Hackintoshes and am trying to install Yosemite on my Gigabyte H77N-WIFI using the latest version of Clover.

The rest of my specs are:

Intel Core i7 3770
Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR1600
MSI GTX 760
Crucial 240GB SSD

I followed Tony's guide as seen here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html) and for some reason when I get to Step 3 to install the OS, I am met with the flashing circle with the diagonal line. The message I believe says "Waiting for USB Root". Booting into safe and verbose mode does not help.

Has anyone successfully installed Yosemite onto the H77N using Clover? If so, mind sharing what options you selected in Clover and how you got the computer to boot to the installer? Much appreciated!

You may find it easier to install with the Unibeast / Multibeast method and when you have a stable build you can convert to Clover.

Good Luck

Hello, I am fairly new to the world of Hackintoshes and am trying to install Yosemite on my Gigabyte H77N-WIFI using the latest version of Clover.

The rest of my specs are:

Intel Core i7 3770
Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR1600
MSI GTX 760
Crucial 240GB SSD

I followed Tony's guide as seen here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html) and for some reason when I get to Step 3 to install the OS, I am met with the flashing circle with the diagonal line. The message I believe says "Waiting for USB Root". Booting into safe and verbose mode does not help.

Has anyone successfully installed Yosemite onto the H77N using Clover? If so, mind sharing what options you selected in Clover and how you got the computer to boot to the installer? Much appreciated!

try with boot flags npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0

You may find it easier to install with the Unibeast / Multibeast method and when you have a stable build you can convert to Clover.

Good Luck

I think that's what I'll do. It seems that Clover is for people with a bit more experience.

try with boot flags npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=0

And this is why I'm a noob :D. I don't even know where to type those things. With the old Clover, you could just start typing away but with the latest version, I can't seem to figure out how to type anything. Pressing the spacebar brings up a menu but my options are very limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back