Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got some money coming my way early next week, and have been planning a Hackintosh build for a while. I go back and forth on certain things, but ultimately, cost is a factor. It was basically between spending $800 for a 2500k or about $550 for a 2100. However, I think I've found a compromise thanks to Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBund ... mbo.634305

This seems like a pretty fantastic combo, and I plan to pair it with a 6850. But I know not many people are working with H61 boards. Has anyone had any success?

Also, rumor has it that the new iMacs are out next week, will this be a game-changer in garnering support for a wider range of mobos such as the h61?

Thanks!

I got Gigabyte H61M to work on all Vanilla to 10.6.7 using similar method to Gordo74's P67A-UD3-B3 Gigabyte build. See my post in that thread.

Working on an MSI H61M-D2P-B3. This will likely need Nawcom kernel similar to Trilla's P67 MSI guide. This boots and some basics functioning in 10.6.0, but this still needs some work.

-Cheers

andhar said:
I've got some money coming my way early next week, and have been planning a Hackintosh build for a while. I go back and forth on certain things, but ultimately, cost is a factor. It was basically between spending $800 for a 2500k or about $550 for a 2100. However, I think I've found a compromise thanks to Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBund ... mbo.634305

This seems like a pretty fantastic combo, and I plan to pair it with a 6850. But I know not many people are working with H61 boards. Has anyone had any success?

Also, rumor has it that the new iMacs are out next week, will this be a game-changer in garnering support for a wider range of mobos such as the h61?

Thanks!

better go for gigabyte h67 run osx with out :banghead:

I posted the full guide for the H61-D2P in a separate thread. I managed to get everything working with both an Nvidia and ATI graphics card. Managed to get sleep working with the DSDT patch.

-Cheers

ingalz said:
I got it working following Gordo74's Gigabyte P67A vanilla guide. Boots on it's own with vanilla kernel from bridge helper in 64 bit. I see the same busratio problem (need to set multiplier one less than default).

I used non DSDT HDA, but only select 889. I had to delete HDA sound Kexts other than 889 in /s/l/e to get it working right.

Currently testing out with an auto-patch DSDT.

There is no support for Intel's IGP. Check for a compatible nvidia or radeon external card for support of the full feature set.

celltech said:
I got my Gigabyte H61M-D2P "working" by following the Tony Sandy Bridge guide.

It will at least boot on its own... Had to set the CPU multi to 32, anything higher just boot-loops. Also had to use the Gigabyte Ethernet controller drivers for the 8111E.

I am trying to build a server, so full feature functionality is not important to me. I have no idea if the audio works, sleep is not working.

My biggest issue is the graphics. It sees the HD3000 as built-in Intel, but resolution is stuck at 1024x768. I would not care, but I also want to use Aperture on the side. It will not launch as it thinks the minimum graphics requirements are not met. And as such the system input is kinda laggy as it opens/closes applications.

I will also add that once it idles down, the rig only pulls 37 watts. Win 7 can get down to 35. So not too bad for a hacked up box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back