Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just tried the Retail Snow Leopard/ Multiboot tutorial and I got it working on the following hardware:
MB: Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H (F8)
CPU: Intel Core i3-530
RAM: 2GB TakeMS 1600mhz DDR3
GPU: Ati Radeon HD4770 (only 1024x768, i'm going for a 8400GS tomorrow)
Western Digital WD5000AAKS - 500GB SATA2
USB KB and Mouse

I couldn't make it boot without "busratio=22" and now i need to type this at every boot.
The audio is not working, but everything else does.

Does anyone know how to get the audio working?
10.6.3 Snow Leopard

hi... congrat's on your install. I can't offer any solutions to your problem, but can say I'm having EXACTLY the same problems with my install of 10.6.3 retail CD using iBoot and MultiBeast on a GA-H55M-S2H with i5-650 CPU.

I'll be interested in any help you receive, as I suspect it will apply to my system as well.

Russ

PS: I require typing busratio=20 on mine. Oh, also no kbd/mouse if I boot from HD directly. Need to use iBoot and busratio=20 to have a "working" system. Audio and HD boot would be nice :)

Just now I realised that I cannot boot from HDD either, I forgot the iBoot inside and I didn't tried to boot without it.
My board and yours must have ALC889 right?

Heh... I had that exact same motherboard and processor (that I ordered from techdata)... Sadly after several wipes/reinstalls over a period of two days, I sent it back for a motherboard / processor that was listed as tested and working.

Good luck tho mate :)

Just reinstalled OSX, everything works out of the box.
Audio, Video etc. Perfect...

Actualy not really perfect.
It wouldn't boot without iBoot.

So the audio runs natively with this board. All I need is a direct boot.
Anyone has any ideea?

Great to hear that mostly everything is working! Do you still have to do the busratio=22? Also, it 32-bit or 64-bit? How's the HDMI port on the motherboard itself work? I'm attempting an install this weekend, and wanted to know if I should get a separate graphics card.
Thanks in advance for your help!

This person seems to have done this install pretty smoothly:
"Snow Leopard on Gigabyte H55M-UD2H with i3-530 CPU"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC0-0e_NbNo

I can't seem to make out his method (specifically the installer pkg he uses to install all the drivers/bootloader). Anyone care to take a closer look? I've reached out to him about it, I'll post his replies if I get any.

zeoos said:
I just tried the Retail Snow Leopard/ Multiboot tutorial and I got it working on the following hardware:
MB: Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H (F8)
CPU: Intel Core i3-530
RAM: 2GB TakeMS 1600mhz DDR3
GPU: Ati Radeon HD4770 (only 1024x768, i'm going for a 8400GS tomorrow)
Western Digital WD5000AAKS - 500GB SATA2
USB KB and Mouse

I couldn't make it boot without "busratio=22" and now i need to type this at every boot.
The audio is not working, but everything else does.

Does anyone know how to get the audio working?
10.6.3 Snow Leopard

When you installed, what options did you select with Multibeast?

I only installed the 10.6.0 Retail DVD with the help of iBoot Ati, and it all worked just fine, I didn't used Multibeast, because I really don't know what to select.
So the sound and video works just with the retail DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back