CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1080ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I am having trouble completing the install for High Sierra. I have had a working hack for about a year or so, on Sierra, everything working.

My build: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/

I tried following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...2-6-to-high-sierra-on-a-ga-h170n-wifi.235468/

but I cant get it to work. I have on the latest version of clover (confirmed in the "About Clover" section of the boot loader). I was confused in the guide where it mentions:
"8. in kext inject management select NvidiaGraphicsFixup"

I'm not sure where this would be located to enable this, or if this would cause the install to hang. I have downloaded all of the latest kexts and placed them in the 10.13 kext folder, as well as in Other. I also added them into S/L/E as well as L/E

The problem comes during the install. It starts with "40 minutes remaining", reboots fine, then comes back in to the clover, I then select ("Boot macOS install from Macintosh HD"), I boot with the selected options from the guide (minus step 8.), and the install gets hung up at 34 minutes remaining. I have left it over night to test if I was being impatient, but still hung up as of this morning.

After the first or second reboot, there is the new "Preboot" volume in clover. I tried booting into this and received the same results.

I have tried other possible fixes, such as: removing the Nvidia graphics card (1080ti), removing a stick of ram (from 16gb to 8gb), and disconnecting all other hard drives in my build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, I am having trouble completing the install for High Sierra. I have had a working hack for about a year or so, on Sierra, everything working.

My build: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/

I tried following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...2-6-to-high-sierra-on-a-ga-h170n-wifi.235468/

but I cant get it to work. I have on the latest version of clover (confirmed in the "About Clover" section of the boot loader). I was confused in the guide where it mentions:
"8. in kext inject management select NvidiaGraphicsFixup"

I'm not sure where this would be located to enable this, or if this would cause the install to hang. I have downloaded all of the latest kexts and placed them in the 10.13 kext folder, as well as in Other. I also added them into S/L/E as well as L/E

The problem comes during the install. It starts with "40 minutes remaining", reboots fine, then comes back in to the clover, I then select ("Boot macOS install from Macintosh HD"), I boot with the selected options from the guide (minus step 8.), and the install gets hung up at 34 minutes remaining. I have left it over night to test if I was being impatient, but still hung up as of this morning.

After the first or second reboot, there is the new "Preboot" volume in clover. I tried booting into this and received the same results.

I have tried other possible fixes, such as: removing the Nvidia graphics card (1080ti), removing a stick of ram (from 16gb to 8gb), and disconnecting all other hard drives in my build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• It is not possible to help you because no hardware Specs are listed on your Personal Details.
    • Forum rules expects everyone posting here to follow them.
  • If there are boot problems, screen shots uploaded to this forum through "[Upload a File]" button at the bottom of this message entry box will help readers of your post in sync with what you are observing on your monitor to help with the troubleshoot.
  • Other than the above problems, your posted information are very good.

• It is not possible to help you because no hardware Specs are listed on your Personal Details.
    • Forum rules expects everyone posting here to follow them.
  • If there are boot problems, screen shots uploaded to this forum through "[Upload a File]" button at the bottom of this message entry box will help readers of your post in sync with what you are observing on your monitor to help with the troubleshoot.
  • Other than the above problems, your posted information are very good.
Good call, bio information should be updated now. Thank you for that.
I do have backups of my data, but I decided to clean my SSD, and try to do a clean install.

Just went through this whole guide: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...ings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/

I used the generic config, added all extra portions into the plist. Booted from the USB, got through the first portion, waited for reboot, booted back into the USB, selected "Boot Mac os Install" from the Macintosh HD.

It then gets to the Installation window, then the install hangs at:

IMG_1809 3.JPG

Slowly (30-45 minutes or so), the bar moves and the time remaining gets to 6 minutes, then it gives the error with a log, I save the log to the USB, and I have attached it in this post.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 144
  • Installer Log 28-Nov-2017.txt
    340.2 KB · Views: 231
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back