Contribute
Register

Guitar Pro 6 playback issues - lots of cpu clipping (z68 ud3h b3 UEFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello,

I have tried contacting guitar pro 6 support, and they said they could not reproduce my problem. Im thinking its maybe to do with the fact that my computer is a hackintosh.

My problem is over time, while playing back and editing my compositions, GP6 CPU usage steadily increases to over 100% in the activity monitor, causing a lot of clipping during playback. I am very confused as to why this happens as my computer has more than enough memory to deal with GP6. I have tried disabling RSE multi threading but this has not effect. The guys at guitar pro 6 support seemed to think it was due to other audio programs working at the same time, but it also happens when just GP6 is open. Ive put the audio through an mbox 2 pro, apogee duet 1 and 2(it much worse with duet 1) and the internal sound card, but the problem remains. I've installed the REALtek alc889(without DSDT) kext in multibeast. I will post a shot of my activity monitor when back from work, as well as a txt file of my audio processes.

Gp6 support thought there was something installed on my computer (a plugin, a driver, ...) that causes this memory leak. But other than that they did not know!

Has anyone had a similar issue? I cant find anything in the search engine.

I have a Macbook Pro Mid 2010 and have audio clipping in GP6. CPU/GPU usage is within tolerances. I have not found any solution yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back