Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yosemite (10.10.X) on Lenovo Y580

... also is there a way to get HDMI-out working at the moment?

On what hardware?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Also the mentioned in the last post i re-edited it but you read it before- I cannot boot into osx by itself I need the usb mem inside laptop as if I take it out it re-boot loops very weird because when I had mavericks it worked without needing usb attached to laptop. my specs

Lenovo Y580
Intel Core i7-3610QM
1920-by-1080 pixel resolution
HM76 Express chipset
7 series c210 chipset smbus controller
16 Gb G-skill 2133
HD4000 & Nvidia 660m

Also the mentioned in the last post i re-edited it but you read it before

Thanks for updating your profile partially. Now please finish it so it has all 5 requested details in it. See my example.

- I cannot boot into osx by itself I need the usb mem inside laptop as if I take it out it re-boot loops very weird because when I had mavericks it worked without needing usb attached to laptop. my specs

Lenovo Y580
Intel Core i7-3610QM
1920-by-1080 pixel resolution
HM76 Express chipset
7 series c210 chipset smbus controller
16 Gb G-skill 2133
HD4000 & Nvidia 660m

What bootloader are you using? Make sure you use nv_disable=1

your really a great help I just do not wanna be a annoying new jack but how would I do this command you said do I install it in plist as a line please I am confused? do I do it and type it in upon choosing before bootup sorry man,,using the latest chamleon

your really a great help I just do not wanna be a annoying new jack but how would I do this command you said do I install it in plist as a line please I am confused? do I do it and type it in upon choosing before bootup sorry man,,using the latest chamleon

You can just type it before pressing enter to boot.

nice work! Thanks!!
everything works like a charm except of graphics

rig:
Lenovo Y580
Intel Core i7-3610QM
1920x1080 screen

I get the resolution (FHD), colors and everything but the changes on the screen are very slowly. Looking at the system information, it just says integrated graphics of Intel with 7 MB of memory...
on mavericks however it was working flawlessly.
anyone an idea what it could be?
thanks

nice work! Thanks!!
everything works like a charm except of graphics

rig:
Lenovo Y580
Intel Core i7-3610QM
1920x1080 screen

I get the resolution (FHD), colors and everything but the changes on the screen are very slowly. Looking at the system information, it just says integrated graphics of Intel with 7 MB of memory...
on mavericks however it was working flawlessly.
anyone an idea what it could be?
thanks

You need to inject the correct ig-platform-id.

Most of the time,01660004 for 1080p HD4000.

You cannot use Chimera4's IGPlatformID flag as it is broken. Use Chameleon instead, GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapriFB=4.

Strange things with Yosemite...
After week of using:
1. Sound after sleep works like it wants (headphones&speakers, only phones, only spekers or... doesn't work at all). I use kexts from Mavericks and didn't do any changes in S/L/E or anywhere else. Reinstall kexts didn't help.
2. Patch for brightness (which works with ACPIBacklight.kext) stopped to work too.
3. Some USB 3.0 ports don't work after sleep. In random order.

Really can't understand. All these things works in 10.9 so perfect.

RehabMan, can you explain shortly how you use Clover for install OS X on your Lenovo laptop (which parameters in config i need to use, need i use patched kexts after instal). Please
Thank you in advance

Strange things with Yosemite...
After week of using:
1. Sound after sleep works like it wants (headphones&speakers, only phones, only spekers or... doesn't work at all). I use kexts from Mavericks and didn't do any changes in S/L/E or anywhere else. Reinstall kexts didn't help.
2. Patch for brightness (which works with ACPIBacklight.kext) stopped to work too.
3. Some USB 3.0 ports don't work after sleep. In random order.

Really can't understand. All these things works in 10.9 so perfect.

RehabMan, can you explain shortly how you use Clover for install OS X on your Lenovo laptop (which parameters in config i need to use, need i use patched kexts after instal). Please
Thank you in advance

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back