Contribute
Register

[Guide] Yosemite 10.10.2 on HP Probook 4520s (i3, clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
i have followed this guide to install El Capitan on 4520s with 1st gen i3 CPU/VGA
i struggle with

1. audio whatever i did i got no sound, tried clover settings, patched kexts, vanilla applehda, audiopatching scripts but still no audio.
2. i have only 1 USB port working. strange thing is if i load the clover loader from USB drive that port is active, if i boot clover from HDD another port is active so the ports are working fine.

can you please advice on what should i try?

I have not tried to install El Capitan on 4520s and since this is a guide for only Yosemite i do not know what might be wrong but i have a few guesses.

It might be that you need to patch the El Capitan version of the HDAudio, usually you will have to find either a prepatched version or a clover version to patch the current one.

As for the USB problem that has been reported a few other times and i do not know any fix for it (might be a BIOS option that needs to be enabled).

If you are on El Capitan could you test the most curcial feature, sleep mode since if it works for you ill be looking into maybe upgrading to El Capitan to test things out.

thanks, i will test the sleep and let you know.
edit: i have tested the sleep and it does not work. can not wake up from sleep. anyway this does not bother me so much as the audio missing

Thank you thesymbol for this awesome guide. :D

Before I can reboot my system and check if everything works I have to fix an error message in MaciASL.
I've created my DSDT.aml with Ubuntu using sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT /home/ubuntu/Desktop/DSDT.aml and converted it with Mac OS using iasl -dl -da *.aml
The error occurs is "Code 4064 Object does not exist (BDC_)".

Does anyone knows how to fix? Google can't help :(

Thank you thesymbol for this awesome guide. :D

Before I can reboot my system and check if everything works I have to fix an error message in MaciASL.
I've created my DSDT.aml with Ubuntu using sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT /home/ubuntu/Desktop/DSDT.aml and converted it with Mac OS using iasl -dl -da *.aml
The error occurs is "Code 4064 Object does not exist (BDC_)".

Does anyone knows how to fix? Google can't help :(

For correct extraction/disassembly procedures, read the guide...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Thanks for this fast answer.

Error occurs when patching "4520s Battery".
Maybe the issue was, that battery was not connected.
I will try it again with battery plugged in and check your guide linked.

Battery present/not present will not make a difference...

Ok, I have everything done and getting the attached error...not really an error but it just sits here. This is what happened the last time I tried to use clover boot loader. Everything in the guide is in place as best I could follow. This looks like a clover specific issue to me, but who knows. Thanks for all the help!

I also added my config.plist from clover.
IMG_5105.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 96
Ok, I have everything done and getting the attached error...not really an error but it just sits here. This is what happened the last time I tried to use clover boot loader. Everything in the guide is in place as best I could follow. This looks like a clover specific issue to me, but who knows. Thanks for all the help!

I also added my config.plist from clover.
View attachment 174398

Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Attached as requested. Thank you!!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 138
Attached as requested. Thank you!!

Did you install all the kexts you need to /S/L/E already? Because you have none in EFI/Clover/kexts, so you won't be able to boot recovery, nor your main install prior to installing essential kexts (such as FakeSMC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back