Contribute
Register

[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

Hi.
I have recently installed macOS Sierra 10.12.5 on my computer. All works well, except one thing: dual monitor.
I tried following all steps, but I am always at the starting point: with both connected, only the "first" works.
On my motherboard (z170x Designare), there are only two output ports for the integrated graphics: an HDMI and a DisplayPort. So, I use HDMI for main monitor connection, and I would like to use the DP for the second one (note that the monitor that I would like to use is old, so I am using a DP to DVI adapter). I don't know why, but also if I start the computer only with the second monitor attached, nothing appear on monitor, even the UEFI! But, if I start a linux live from USB (I tried with 2 distros, and I got the same result with both of them), the monitor connected on HDMI start automatically as the first, and the other as secondary one.
Now.. Could the problem be related with the recent 10.12.5 update? With it, is not possible to boot Sierra without installing "Lilu" and "IntelGraphicsFixup". So, could them be the cause of the problem?

now i use 10.12.6 betta 5, i deleted from clover config FakeCPUID: 0x0506E3 and /Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX 0x19168086 now system recognize graphic as Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB 1536 МБ.
Graphic working correctly, yes, exept second monitor.
Now it black, i see both monitors if i unplug first monitor, plug in second monitor, and after that again plug in first.
At same time ( when booting normally with picture only on the first monitor ) i see that mouse move behind border on right side ( where second monitor starting ), that means that second monitor are working, but picture are black.
Anyone have any idea for fix it?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-07-06 в 22.04.40.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-07-06 в 22.04.40.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 367
  • Снимок экрана 2017-07-06 в 22.04.53.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-07-06 в 22.04.53.png
    55 KB · Views: 353
  • Снимок экрана 2017-07-06 в 22.08.19.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-07-06 в 22.08.19.png
    369 KB · Views: 340
  • Снимок экрана 2017-07-06 в 22.08.23.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-07-06 в 22.08.23.png
    365.8 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Hi again, today I format my HD and start from 0, I did everything as shuhung said in before posts and left the sound for last step, I just installed lilu 1.1.4 and AppleALC 1.1.2 without install FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext because I could't find it.

After reboot sound work perfect. The only thing I have to solve now is that after turn off the system, it boots again when passed a few seconds... But I am quite happy at the point I am with my hackintosh.

Thanks shuhung for your help.

Did the tutorial work with HD 630 then?

now i use 10.12.6 betta 5, i deleted from clover config FakeCPUID: 0x0506E3 and /Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX 0x19168086 now system recognize graphic as Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB 1536 МБ.
Graphic working correctly, yes, exept second monitor.
Now it black, i see both monitors if i unplug first monitor, plug in second monitor, and after that again plug in first.
At same time ( when booting normally with picture only on the first monitor ) i see that mouse move behind border on right side ( where second monitor starting ), that means that second monitor are working, but picture are black.
Anyone have any idea for fix it?

same problem. second monitor is black

Did the tutorial work with HD 630 then?
Yes it worked for me, I have to do some changes but at least it works doing hot plug of second monitor, if you read from the 13 page you can see all the problems I found. Shuhung is an expert in that, he helped me a lot.

same problem. second monitor is black
Now i think that problem in IntelGraphicsFixup kext, because now ( for my actual config ) this kext start monitor, but can't start two in same time.

Hi Guys,
I am getting a weird issue. Long story short: Sometimes the hotplug works and sometimes doesnt and reboot the computer.

Motherboard: GA-Z270X-UD5
Processor: i7 7700k
Graphics: Intel HD 630
Main screen: DVI on Display port (1680x1050) port 0x6
Second screen: Projector on HDMI port (1280x800) port 0x7 (I tried with/without the patch to fix the port connector to 00 08 00 00)

If I turn on the computer with only one screen I have no problem... If I turn on with both connected I get screen on HDMI only..

What I need: Turn on the computer with the DP (hdmi) connected and after login I plug the projector, sometimes it works, sometimes it restart my computer after around 5 seconds...
I applied the steps on post#1 but I have no idea what should I do... :(

Last edited:
I am trying to get external display work on laptop the main problem
I just need it external display I don't care even if laptop screen disconnected

my config is rehabman plist hd530 +patches in this post + pike NVME

that I can't disconnect the main laptop display "connector appear as display port"
the laptop has HDMI - DisplayPort - usbc(I disabled it)
this lap comes with Nvidia quadro m1000m

I m using just this kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Intel HD Graphics 530:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 530
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)