Contribute
Register

[GUIDE/Workaround] Using Intel HD530 with Dual Monitors

Hi shuhung, after a holiday week I returned looking for the appleALC kext driver, I downloaded 2 versions from insanelymac, the first one didn't work and I tried with the second one and now I can't boot! Help please!
Is there any method to go back or avoid to load audio configuration? Please tell me I don't have to format my hard disk and start again... Thanks

From Clover boot menu option, add boot flag -alcoff.

It didn't work for me, I put verbose mode and this is what I found:

IMG_1327.JPG
Thanks

It didn't work for me, I put verbose mode and this is what I found:

View attachment 263357
Thanks

Problem should caused by lilu.kext, may be you have installed outdate kext when installing AppleALC, AppleALC need 1.1.2 and lilu need 1.1.4. See below link.

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

Install FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext first, it spoof HDEF a171 to a170, useful for setup audio.

EDIT: may be add boot flag -lilubeta -alcoff can help.

Last edited:
Hi! Is there a way to boot with both monitors attached?

Hot plugging one once my system has reached the desktop works and I can use both displays for an indefinite amount of time. But as soon as I press the 'sleep' button in the Apple button menu, trying to re-login results is the graphics driver crashing, making the machine unusable and requires a hard reset.

Trying to boot up with both displays goes like this: I get one mirrored video output until something like 2/3rds into the Apple splash screen. Then, one of the displays shuts down(doesn't get video input anymore) and the machine reaches the desktop with only 1 working display. However, both displays are recognized and seen as working by Sierra(10.12.5). From here, if I try to do something like reboot, change anything regarding the displays, the graphics driver crashes again and it needs to be hard reset.

I'm not using the Intel HD530 exactly, instead I have the Intel HD P530. I'm assuming they are pretty similar since it used to have the same screen flicker as the HD530 and the fix for HD530 also fixed this.

Thanks in advance!

Problem should caused by lilu.kext, may be you have installed outdate kext when installing AppleALC, AppleALC need 1.1.2 and lilu need 1.1.4. See below link.

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases
https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

Install FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext first, it spoof HDEF a171 to a170, useful for setup audio.

EDIT: may be add boot flag -lilubeta -alcoff can help.
Hi again, so I need to install lilu 1.1.4 and appleALC 1.1.2. But first I need to boot into Sierra, I tried with that bootflags and it is not working, any idea to get system into sierra? I always got the same message (see picture in the my latest post).

Thanks in advance.

Hi again, so I need to install lilu 1.1.4 and appleALC 1.1.2. But first I need to boot into Sierra, I tried with that bootflags and it is not working, any idea to get system into sierra? I always got the same message (see picture in the my latest post).

Thanks in advance.

Try boot flag -DisableIOFB (case sensitive).

Hi again, I just tried it and not working, I tried to combine it with -alcoff and same result....

Your 4 display patch 01030403 is too short, it break many SKLframebuffer codes, although it enable FB@ 0306 but also cause system unstable, remove it first.

If need enable FB@ 0306 port 0x07, in 10.12.x use 0x193B0000 or 0x193B0005 instead.
Upload ioreg file may help, also see post #137.

Still no luck. Attached is ioreg and updated config after changes. This is frustrating. Granted I dont have much expertise in these matters.

Attachments

• Advocate’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 132
  • config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 184
Hi again, today I format my HD and start from 0, I did everything as shuhung said in before posts and left the sound for last step, I just installed lilu 1.1.4 and AppleALC 1.1.2 without install FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext because I could't find it.

After reboot sound work perfect. The only thing I have to solve now is that after turn off the system, it boots again when passed a few seconds... But I am quite happy at the point I am with my hackintosh.

Thanks shuhung for your help.

Here is my speculation: when hot-plugging the Acer S231HL monitor 'tells' OS that another display is connected and the system starts the dual displays, then the monitor disconnects and resets itself (or takes about one second to ID the input as HDMI/DVI and begin output), which of course crashes the OS. It is akin to unplugging your monitor then plugging back in which always results in a crash.

I have a pair of Acer K272hl monitors and I notice similar behavior. When I try to hot plug the second monitor, the first goes dark too. It appears to reset itself or something which also crashes the OS. I have gotten it to work only a few times but never consistently. I am not sure what it is about these Acer monitors that is causing the problem and I wonder if a monitor setting can be changed to prevent this from happening when the second monitor is hot plugged.

Back