Contribute
Register

[Guide] USB power property injection for Sierra (and later)

Some kind of tool would be great for us who don't understand this. You are great Rehabman, but you´re not the best at explaining this stuff.

OK. I configured correctly now and add all files again with ACPI Table (F4). I also using custom DSDT.

The files you have in ACPI/patched don't even disassemble correctly: iasl -da -dl *.aml

It will show duplicate _DSM symbols...

Some kind of tool would be great for us who don't understand this. You are great Rehabman, but you´re not the best at explaining this stuff.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.
Your criticism is without enough details to act upon.

Constructive criticism is appreciated.
Your criticism is without enough details to act upon.

Not everyone has the same level of knowledge as you. You expect everyone to understand it as you understand. You see everyone's level of knowledge equal to yours. But in reality it is not. Because everyone does not speak English at the same level as you. Let's leave it in English, everyone does not have the same level of code knowledge as you. I am aware of what you are trying to do, everybody wants to experiment on their own, and when they have a place to hang out, just ask to you. But the guides you prepare, requires code knowledge at a certain level. For example, I understand Toleda's guide more easily, but I understand your guides very difficult. Actually, I'm not even sure I understand.

If I know something, your guides are not for everyone.

Not everyone has the same level of knowledge as you.

True that. Just as there are others that understand certain topics better than I do.

You expect everyone to understand it as you understand.

Not true. But I do expect people to use their brains and read carefully.

You see everyone's level of knowledge equal to yours.

Definitely not.

Because everyone does not speak English at the same level as you.

English is the only supported language on this site.
It is in the rules: https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

everyone does not have the same level of code knowledge as you.

Also true.

I am aware of what you are trying to do, everybody wants to experiment on their own, and when they have a place to hang out, just ask to you. But the guides you prepare, requires code knowledge at a certain level. For example, I understand Toleda's guide more easily, but I understand your guides very difficult. Actually, I'm not even sure I understand.

You should ask specific questions about what you don't understand.
If I feel something is lacking in the guide, I will add it.
Most of the time, people neglect to read carefully...

If I know something, your guides are not for everyone.

Hackintosh is also not for everyone.

For what it's worth, Ive tried very hard to follow and try understand this guide, as in the original post. Spent hours trying to work it out and in the end I just gave up.

I'll just live with the random USB power cut outs that won't charge iPhone or iPad. I do appreciate all the work rehabman does for the hackintosh community, and it is unfair to critise him at all. Ive just accepted that, as someone coming from a non code or macOS developer software background, I just can't have it all.

I love this forum for the support and ease of use with particular software, however in the ideal world, all hackintosh guides or software would be targeted for those that are proficient in computers (as I am), sadly, I, and I'm sure others just don't know have the fundamental knowledge to understand what many sentences or word even mean or refer to.

For what it's worth, Ive tried very hard to follow and try understand this guide, as in the original post. Spent hours trying to work it out and in the end I just gave up.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting" and I'll be glad to point out your mistake...
With the hardware in your profile, the solution is likely very simple...
Add SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml to ACPI/patched.

I do appreciate all the work rehabman does for the hackintosh community, and it is unfair to critise him at all.

You understand wrong. I also appreciate all his work too. Probably, no one can deny his contributions. But this not mean we can't criticise him.

There is a fact; his guides is very difficult.

Back