Contribute
Register

[Guide] Upgrading to Lion (Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3 + GTX 460)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Guide] Upgrading to Lion (GA-P67A-D3-B3 + Core i5 2500K)

somebody could make sleep mode work?

I tried pretty much every combination with AppleHDA and ALC88xxHDA and ALC889 but I cannot get my sound to work. Any ideas? I tried the rollback as well to no avail.

I installed Lion directly, not with help of SL, can that have some impact?

in my bios it says Azalia Codec wich I assume is the ALC card, or is this a different version?

My motherboard is GA-P67A-D3-B3 (rev. 1.0). (upgraded to F4, no DSDT, everything else is working great).

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you found solution?

Thank you very much for those wonderfuls guides !
But i've got a question, can I update Lion to 10.7.3 ?
Thank you again. :headbang:

enesix said:
Thank you very much for those wonderfuls guides !
But i've got a question, can I update Lion to 10.7.3 ?
Thank you again. :headbang:

If you managed to get UserDSDT to work on your Hackintosh (Step 6), then yes. I recently updated to 10.7.2 without any problems. However, if you installed Snow Leopard following my old method (with the iBoot workaround), then no, Mac OS X goes into a kernel panic when you try to update.

Ah ok so I'll use DSDT method at Step 6 thank you.
But did you try the 10.7.3 update ?
And to install lion directly ? Without snow leopard.

:problem:

enesix said:
Ah ok so I'll use DSDT method at Step 6 thank you.
But did you try the 10.7.3 update ?
And to install lion directly ? Without snow leopard.

:problem:

You can install Lion directly with the Unibeast method if you already own a Mac. Otherwise, you'll have to install Snow Leopard first.

OK I already have a hackintosh laptop so i'll do that ^^
Thank you and have a good day

Hi,

I keep coming back to this thread for installation info, so wanted to mention I got sleep working on the P67A-D3-B3 by going into the BIOS and changing 'QUICK BOOT' to Enabled. No idea what it does, but it seemed to make the difference.

A couple things to note:

When I use my Apple Keyboard to wake the machine the keyboard stops working for some reason. I need to unplug it and plug it back in to enable typing. However, if I wake with the mouse (USB, Logitech) everything works just fine.

Also, the machine wouldn't sleep using Energy Saver. It only worked when selecting Sleep from the Apple menu. Still, better than nothing!

I'm using Lion 10.7.3

Hope this works for someone else!

Cheers

theRobolaVirus said:
Hi,

I keep coming back to this thread for installation info, so wanted to mention I got sleep working on the P67A-D3-B3 by going into the BIOS and changing 'QUICK BOOT' to Enabled. No idea what it does, but it seemed to make the difference.

A couple things to note:

When I use my Apple Keyboard to wake the machine the keyboard stops working for some reason. I need to unplug it and plug it back in to enable typing. However, if I wake with the mouse (USB, Logitech) everything works just fine.

Also, the machine wouldn't sleep using Energy Saver. It only worked when selecting Sleep from the Apple menu. Still, better than nothing!

I'm using Lion 10.7.3

Hope this works for someone else!

Cheers

When I turn on Quick Boot, my Hackintosh gets kernel panics when I try to put it to sleep. Ack, I guess I didn't need sleep anyways. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back