Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Confirmed working on GA-Z87X-UD5H. Was easier than I expected :D
Followed your steps but used Clover, iCloud still working, iMessage stuck at customer code just like at 10.9 so all looks fine..

What settings did you use on multibeast and are all your usb's working?

Hi, having issues with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH?

Have followed guide and removed files and lines, created usb with latest unibeast.

Removed my nvidia card and am just using onboard graphics as this has been easier with previous installs/updates.

Boot with -x -v and even -x -v -f and boot always stops at

com.apply.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.DataDetectorDynamicData) <warning>: The JoinExistingSession Key is only available to Application Service.

any ideas?

thanks

Installed it on my Build and everything works. Thanks for the tools and guides.

Hi,

I plan to install yosemite over mavericks soon and I have one doubt.... when I read the beginning of the thread, I see this:

8. Run MultiBeast 7 and select the following options, and any system-specific Audio and Network drivers.

the questio is it the only thing I need to update with Multibeast or should I look at all the changes I made to get mavericks runing and make the same under Yosemite?

One other thing, for some reason I am unable to use showallfiles under mavericks; what wolud be the best method to overcome this? Install yosemite over mavercisk as mentionned or start a fresh install?

Thanks ;)

Anyone else having their monitor go to sleep while installer is loading? I can't seem to get to installer screen because my monitor is going to sleep while it's loading.

I also have something simular! I can get through the installer by using IGPEnabler=No. It installs without a problem. I run multibeast 7 and then I have the same problem when it boots, it goes into power save-mode. I can boot without a problem using IGPEnabler=No and with strange graphics.

I run onboard graphics on Gigabyte Z87MX-DH3 and i5 4670

On my Mavericks-clone it runs well with default Intel-kext.

Any suggestions?

Get stuck at the Apple logo with the loading bar, when rebooting from the USB and choosing my existing drive (step 7 in the guide) - the bar doesn't fill up. Even after waiting 30+min, bar is still empty. Tried some boot flags (-f, -x, npci=3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, maxmem=4096, PCIRootUID=0), no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

to answer your question about "can't find; mach_kernel"
see number 7, it said "Reboot from the USB and choose your existing drive"
which means after you install it successful, then computer will reboot automatically you need to reboot your computer again and press F12 to boot with usb and choose your hard drive to boot Yosemite
Thanks, I'll try that. (I've been trying to boot it from the Chimera Bootloader.)

Excellent! I followed everything to the tee. Everything's working for me - no issues with USB, sound (using VoodooHDA, was also using this in Mavericks), and things that weren't working for me in Mavericks now work!! Like Messages!

Thank you so much, this is amazing.
How did you get messages to work??

Get stuck at the Apple logo with the loading bar, when rebooting from the USB and choosing my existing drive (step 7 in the guide) - the bar doesn't fill up. Even after waiting 30+min, bar is still empty. Tried some boot flags (-f, -x, npci=3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, maxmem=4096, PCIRootUID=0), no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

EXACTLY MY PROBLEM!

Help... please!??!!

More info:
I accidentally skipped steps 1-4
I've tried multiple reinstalls
Other users reporting this problem have same CPU (2600k)

Back