Graphics
GeForce 650 Ti 2 GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This guide will show you how I installed Lion 10.7.2 using UniBeast with an Intel DP67DE motherboard. My guide used tonymac’s “Install Mac OS X Using an All-In-One Bootable USB Drive” instructions with MultiBeast 4.1 and the “Install Mac OS X Lion Application” downloaded from Apple and it took me about 30-40 minutes from start to finish.

Motherboard: Intel DP67DE CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 Graphics: GeForce 460 1GB Memory: 16GB

BIOS 5/26/2011BIOS (BAP6710H.86A.0067)
• Enable - ACHI (default on motherboard)
• Enable - UEFI (will allow Max OS X to boot from hard disk)

INSTALLATION Using UniBeast
1. Press F10 to choose boot device (USB)
2. Boot with UniBeast 1.0
3. Choose Language
4. In the top menubar choose Utilities, and open Disk Utility
5. Highlight your target hard drive fro the Lion installation in left column
6. Click Partition tab
7. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
8. Click Options
9. Choose GUID Partition Method
10. Under Name: type Lion
11. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
12. Click Apply then Partition
13. Close Disk Utility
14. When the installer asks you where to install, choose Lion, or your existing install
15. Upon completion, restart system

POST-INSTALLATION Using MultiBeast 4.1
16. Press F10 to choose boot device (USB)
17. At Chimera Boot Screen, choose your new Lion installation
18. Go to tonymacx86.com/downloards to download the latest MultiBeast 4.1
19. Copy your DSDT.aml file to the Desktop (I’ve attached the one I used)
20. Open and run MultiBeast 4.1
21. Select the following settings:
a. System Utilities
b. UserDSDT Install
c. Audio – ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler/ALC892
d. Disk - 3rdParty SATA
e. Disk - 3rdParty eSATA
f. Miscellaneous - NullCPUPowerManagement
g. Miscellaneous – USB 3.0 – NEC / Renseas and Etron
h. Network – Hnak’s AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
i. Customization – Boot Options - Instant Menu
22. Remove UniBeast and reboot

I’ve been running on Snow Leopard and upgraded to Lion using the iBoot Installation method for four months now and it’s been rock solid. So far the UniBeast fresh installation shown above has been solid and my GeekBench has increased from 10,300 to over 11,000.

Remember to print out and study tonymac’s guides prior to installation and Good Luck!

tonymac's instructions:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• DSDT_paulo.aml
    27.1 KB · Views: 311
Let me give this a try for my Intel DH67CL. Who knows it might work :)

Do you recommend that I use your DSDT or let it be?

Works great using the steps that you've mentioned above. However my system does not shutdown completely. When i shut down the system, it seems to log out & the monitor switches off but the CPU fans keep on whirring & the Cabinet light stays on. Any ideas on how to fix this ?

I had a similar problem when I originally used iBoot a few months back and if I recall correctly using a custom DSDT corrected it. I searched InsanelyMac and found an initial one but then a user updated one to my currect BIOS and that is what I'm using now.

So look around for a DSDT for your motherboard and BIOS.

Good Luck :thumbup:

I guess my Intel Mobo is too lame to have a custom DSDT of its own. But still its been a very smooth experience installing OSX Lion via UniBeast.

Thanks Raketa :)

raketa said:
Kabooka said:
I guess my Intel Mobo is too lame to have a custom DSDT of its own. But still its been a very smooth experience installing OSX Lion via UniBeast.

Thanks Raketa :)

My be this will help ... viewtopic.php?f=54&t=33576

Good Luck

Thanks for the help bro. Maybe my user profile is a bit misleading. I have 2 Hacks running in the house. One is a i7 2600k on the Z68x-UD4-B3 & the other one is a i5 2500 running on the Dh67-CL.

The Gigabyte build is running smooth but I was having problems shutting down the Intel machine. Anyways, I noticed that the Intel Hack does shut down on its own its just that it takes good 3 minutes to do so.

thank you very much raketa i was able to load lion and update it to 10.7.2 using your guide i will report again after extensive testing , by the way i am getting geek bench scores of 11,400, i am having some issues with sleep which i hope to work around over the period of time, thank you once again for the guide and the dsdt

gmukharji said:
thank you very much raketa i was able to load lion and update it to 10.7.2 using your guide i will report again after extensive testing , by the way i am getting geek bench scores of 11,400, i am having some issues with sleep which i hope to work around over the period of time, thank you once again for the guide and the dsdt

Cool! Let me know if you resolve the sleep issue since I haven't.

raketa said:
gmukharji said:

Cool! Let me know if you resolve the sleep issue since I haven't.

I have successfully resolved the sleep issue and also the fire wire issue by Using the following guide
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7940&hilit=bluetooth+sleep
i Used Quantum QHM4900-FW-4P PCI Parallel Card to resolve the firewire issue the Card worked OOB
Now I have a fully functional sysyem clocking 12300 geekbench
Thank you very much Tony and thank you very much Raketa, without your guidance and help this would not have been possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back