Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

For 4530s there are no "extra boot arguments" required.
Is this machine new or used?
What are the full details/specs of the laptop?

i manged to boot to unibeast then to osx installer but its frozen at the language selection screen with spinning wheel no touch pad or keyboard response
hp4530s
core i3 8gig ram
320 gig hdd

i manged to boot to unibeast then to osx installer but its frozen at the language selection screen with spinning wheel no touch pad or keyboard response
hp4530s
core i3 8gig ram
320 gig hdd

Did you remember to select "Laptop Support" when you created your Unibeast USB?

Did you remember to select "Laptop Support" when you created your Unibeast USB?

yes i selected laptop support after about 25 mins i got keyboard & cursor back completed the install completed the probook installer shutdown remove usb & restart . it sees my installation but all I get is a white screen then goes black after after 5min i booted in "ignore caches" but still wont boot all the way

while selecting the hp probook installer options the guide indicates Chimera: This allows you to boot from your main HDD/SSD but the probook installer shows Chameleon trunk r2255 bootloader is this just a typo ?

while selecting the hp probook installer options the guide indicates Chimera: This allows you to boot from your main HDD/SSD but the probook installer shows Chameleon trunk r2255 bootloader is this just a typo ?

i finally got everything working im posting from my brand new hackintosh a big thanks to Rehabman for his patience pointing me in the right direction

Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 2.10 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27
SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Thanks for noticing that. Not long ago, the ProBook Installer used Chimera, but we switched to Chameleon recently. I have updated all the guides thanks to your feedback.

Thanks for noticing that. Not long ago, the ProBook Installer used Chimera, but we switched to Chameleon recently. I have updated all the guides thanks to your feedback.

I really appreciate the support & your efforts in creating this forum & the tools to complete hackintosh builds is there a way I can safely donate to support the site!

Ignore my last post found the donate button keep up the good work

I just installed 10.8.4 on my probook using the 6.1 installer. Everything seemed to go fine except for the dsdt generation. I noticed that the dsdt was only 45kb in size. When the laptop booted there was no wi-fi. So I put the old dsdt that I was using on my lion install into the ext a folder (this one is 145kb) and the computer booted OK with wifi etc

I think I followed the instructions on the installer OK. Is it possible I omitted some crucial step with the dsdt part (I assumed it was all automatic)

Would there be any benefit in trying to go through that part of the process again or would it be best to keep the dsdt (ie the one from my 10.7.5 install)

Everything seems to be running fine at the moment

I just installed 10.8.4 on my probook using the 6.1 installer. Everything seemed to go fine except for the dsdt generation. I noticed that the dsdt was only 45kb in size.

That is the correct size.

When the laptop booted there was no wi-fi. So I put the old dsdt that I was using on my lion install into the ext a folder (this one is 145kb) and the computer booted OK with wifi etc

I think I followed the instructions on the installer OK. Is it possible I omitted some crucial step with the dsdt part (I assumed it was all automatic)

Did you choose the AR9285 from optional patches?

Would there be any benefit in trying to go through that part of the process again or would it be best to keep the dsdt (ie the one from my 10.7.5 install)

Everything seems to be running fine at the moment

You can always boot with DSDT=No, run the ProBook Installer just for DSDT options, this time being sure to select the AR9285 patch.

Back