Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Maybe a Apple´s secret!!

Well, It´s curiosity... In my actual iMac Mid 2010, use Windows´s bootcamp and it´s easy to my run bootcamp partition in a VMWare or Parallels. All I modified in bootcamp, stay in native windows.

For example, in 2-3 days open post to recommended me a fully "power" PC... 16Gb... 256SSD, i7 hanswell... because sale my iMac and need beast PC to virtualize services and other system... TH Proobok It´s my fake Macbook Pro :) but not powerfully to virtualize, render and post processing videos and photos.

Try it. Let us know how it works out...

Does anyone know on average how much longer it takes? I have been sitting here on a black screen for what seems to be 10 minutes...I used the "PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x" to boot, anything else to help with the speed?

I am using a 4540s, with 10.8.5 +supplemental update. It wouldn't have anything to do with that fact I originally got the boot0 error when using mountain lion and used the "unmount/terminal" fix to allow it to boot?

Update: still nothing, waited for what seemed like 15 minutes on a black screen (after the white apple screen with spinning wheel) and the computer finally went to sleep (led power light flashing). I wonder what I am doing wrong...anyone else have this problem?

Hey RehabMan, sorry, this is going to be very dumb - but where exactly do you enter these commands? I've read over the instructions several times and have gotten about 20-25 pages deep in the thread. I've also tried to search for this. I'm on a 4540S with Radeon graphics and followed every step, but then when I boot into Unibeast, it just sort of loads for about 15 minutes before the monitor goes totally black. Sounds like this user had the same issue was able to resolve it. I'm just not exactly sure where you enter these commands during the setup. Thanks for all of your hard work with this, and thanks in advance.

Hey RehabMan, sorry, this is going to be very dumb - but where exactly do you enter these commands? I've read over the instructions several times and have gotten about 20-25 pages deep in the thread. I've also tried to search for this. I'm on a 4540S with Radeon graphics and followed every step, but then when I boot into Unibeast, it just sort of loads for about 15 minutes before the monitor goes totally black. Sounds like this user had the same issue was able to resolve it. I'm just not exactly sure where you enter these commands during the setup. Thanks for all of your hard work with this, and thanks in advance.

When run unibeast botloader (select install OSX or partition inside laptop), you enter flags (command)... for example enter -v -x to run in verbose mode anda safe mode... Whit Radeon chards exists other flag but don´t remember...

Boot loader flags are typed prior to hitting enter at the bootloader screen. Just start typing and it will become obvious.

Dear Friend,
Hope all is well.
Just bought pro book 4540s

wondering where i could download the pro book installer ???

thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Dear Friend,
Hope all is well.
Just bought pro book 4540s

wondering where i could download the pro book installer ???

thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Read post #1, this thread.

Ah, boy, I made that way more complicated than it needed to be. Thanks amigo!

Hey RehabMan, I'm about near completed with my install here, and I'm now in the HP ProBook Installer sections. Again, very dumb, but I'm not sure if my model is a Sandy or Ivy i5. Here's what I know about the computer... HP ProBook 4540s 2.59 GHz Core i5 with 8 GB of 1600 HHz DDR3. I'm assuming it's Sandy, but I don't want to screw anything up here so I figured it's best to double check. Thanks again.

Hey RehabMan, I'm about near completed with my install here, and I'm now in the HP ProBook Installer sections. Again, very dumb, but I'm not sure if my model is a Sandy or Ivy i5. Here's what I know about the computer... HP ProBook 4540s 2.59 GHz Core i5 with 8 GB of 1600 HHz DDR3. I'm assuming it's Sandy, but I don't want to screw anything up here so I figured it's best to double check. Thanks again.

You can't guess. Check in BIOS to see what CPU you have. Sandy Bridge would be Core i5-2xxx, whereas Ivy Bridge would be Core i5-3xxx.

To easy:

- In Windows: download CPU-Z
- In OSX: about this Mac --> information --> CPU info

If your i5 start to 2xxx It´s Sandy, if your i5 start to 3xxx It´s Ivy and start 4xxx It´s Hasnwell.

Maybe you see in BIOS/UEFI

Back