Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

I installed an in-place 10.9.3 Mavericks/Unibeast and received the same -v error as in the picture I sent previously. I set this machine up from scratch and migrated system settings over from the 4530--is that where the erroneous USB driver came from?

Not sure where your v999 USB came from, but it didn't come from Apple (10.9.3 is 677.4.0) and it didn't come from the ProBook Installer (ProBook Installer doesn't touch the system USB kexts). It must have come from something you installed.

Solution already provided...

I removed on of the DIMMS to bring the system down to 4gb RAM as I remembered other posts in the past saying that this was an issue sometimes--the system loaded, I installed HP Probook installer, and I'm happy. Thanks for your comments and help--I really appreciate it!

I removed on of the DIMMS to bring the system down to 4gb RAM as I remembered other posts in the past saying that this was an issue sometimes--the system loaded, I installed HP Probook installer, and I'm happy. Thanks for your comments and help--I really appreciate it!

Regardless, you should review why you have a bogus IOUSBFamily.kext installed and should replace it with the vanilla kext.

Help. I have both a 4530 and a 4430 and followed your instructions to update both from 10.9.2 to 3. The 4530 must have better USB hardware as I was able to -f, logon, run HP Probook installer. However the 4430 freezes no matter which USB port with and without an external mouse after the -f at the logon screen. So this is an i7-2630QM with 8gb RAM and 68SRR ver. F.41 bios. I tried turning off virtualization but don't know what else to turn on or off to free up Interups if that is what is happening (or will that help). Seems to be USB associated as that is what I am using when it freezes. Thanks in advance for any insights you have.

Perhaps be a stupid statement...

Is it possible that problem be to non install kext from USB 3.0 from multibeast? Or USB legacy support by UEFI?

One question to me: To update 10.9.2 to .3, Could it be traditional method? that is, using the Apple software update

Perhaps be a stupid statement...

Is it possible that problem be to non install kext from USB 3.0 from multibeast? Or USB legacy support by UEFI?

No. We do not use Multibeast with the ProBook.

One question to me: To update 10.9.2 to .3, Could it be traditional method? that is, using the Apple software update

Either way (Software Update or Combo/download update) will have the same result.

No. We do not use Multibeast with the ProBook.

Ok, my fault! HP Probook installer replaced Multibeast installer :)

Either way (Software Update or Combo/download update) will have the same result.

Allright. I think It´s more convenient traditional update (are two mouse clicks).

RehabMan
Tomorrow have a free time, check it all your tips to me from my HP Probook 6470b and post it.

First thing I´ll do is a backup to my personal document in Windows 8.1... Them, I complete erase Samsung 840 SSD to install OSX in 60Gb partition and finally when OSX has installed, I install Windows 8.1 in a second 60Gb partition.

Is it better legacy, UEFI hybrid or UEFI native? I suppose hybrid... To best compatibility OSX and Windows multiboothing

Is it better legacy, UEFI hybrid or UEFI native? I suppose hybrid... To best compatibility OSX and Windows multiboothing

This guide uses a legacy bootloader (Chameleon). UEFI is not applicable. In fact, best to disable UEFI as boot time is improved.

If you plan to use Clover, you should follow the other guide.

Don't know why this is happening to me now but when i close the lid to put to sleep in OSX it goes to "sleep" the power button is blinking just as normal but when i either press a key or power button to wake from sleep it instead either reboots or POWER back on like if it was completely shut down. Also when i power it on after being OFF it almost stutters to turn on. I goes on , fan spins, then shuts down and does it again to fully turn on. I can shoot a video if its better but its ben working normal till mav 9.2

So I did a silly thing. I have never patched or re-patched my DSDT so I decided to follow the instructions (well not exactly) for using ProBook Installer, I only removed /Extra/dsdt.aml without installing Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (I have a 4730s with 1080p screen).

Now when I reboot using the USB (Installer) and select the OSX partition it starts with the apple logo in the middle of the screen and then it goes to a black screen afterwards with nothing.

Is there a fix/workaround other than running Installer from the beginning?

Thanks!

So I did a silly thing. I have never patched or re-patched my DSDT so I decided to follow the instructions (well not exactly) for using ProBook Installer, I only removed /Extra/dsdt.aml without installing Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to /Extra/ssdt-1.aml (I have a 4730s with 1080p screen).

Now when I reboot using the USB (Installer) and select the OSX partition it starts with the apple logo in the middle of the screen and then it goes to a black screen afterwards with nothing.

Is there a fix/workaround other than running Installer from the beginning?

Thanks!

You can copy the ssdt-1.aml via Terminal from the OS X installer.

Or if your installer has the mini ssdt installed as /Extra/ssdt.aml, boot your HDD partition with the help of the USB.

Back