Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Problem solved by booting with -x -f and all the other stuff needed when installing osx for the first time (GraphicsEnabler, etc).

Thanks for answering!

It sounds like you're booting the USB instead of your HDD partition. Or you don't have a (correctly) patched DSDT on your HDD.

No, i´m sure i was booting from HD (using the loader on the USB)....i did several times with only -f on all the USB ports...always failed....

Regarding DSDT, i patched it recently...i don´t know if it really has any problems, fact is after i applied Probook Installer in safe mode, all is fine again.

No, i´m sure i was booting from HD (using the loader on the USB)....i did several times with only -f on all the USB ports...always failed....

Regarding DSDT, i patched it recently...i don´t know if it really has any problems, fact is after i applied Probook Installer in safe mode, all is fine again.

Not sure what was wrong then... glad you have it going.

Read 10.9.x to 10.9.3 update guide, post #1.

Thanks, that worked. Just curious, why does this happen? The need for the usb drive to boot after an update.

Thanks, that worked. Just curious, why does this happen? The need for the usb drive to boot after an update.

The update provides a new, un-patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. The ProBook BIOS locks CPU MSR 0xE2 which causes panic with vanilla AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, so after an update, the new version must be patched.

I have problem
ảnh.PNG
and black screen. Anyone help me :(
My device hp 4440s core i3 3110M hd graphics

supperchym, use these flags to boot to mavericks installer

IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 dart=0 -v -x -f

Back