Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Thanks, so I checked in Windows, and it says "intel HD graphics 3000", does that mean that I don't need to disable it in the BIOS ?

You only have to disable a discrete card like amd, Intel 3000 is integrated in the CPU and is not needed and possible to disable

I suggest you try the "Installing Mavericks with Clover" guide.

Well I migrated to Clover, I get to what I believe is the start of the installer but only get a grey screen with a :beachball:

I've made a few posts under installing with clover but no-one has answered them.

I would just like to say thanks to the OP who took their time to make this guide. Thanks to you I have a fully functioning Probook 6360b running 10.9.2 flawlessly. I had a problem where my wi-fi wasn't detected but a quick enable in the bios soon fixed that.

Again, thanks for posting this and helping all of the noobs such as myself get Mavericks on their Probook.

Thanks, Paddy.

Hi there,
I was unable to get 10.9.2 working on my 6360b - after installation, on reboot it seemed to hang for ages after initialising bluetooth, then after 5 - 10 minutes a grey screen and pointer appeared but nothing else (I waited an hour). I tried it a number of times and tried creating another USB installer but always the same problem. Have I missed something?

10.9.1 installed fine and I'm using it now - only a couple of issues: On resuming after suspend, a dialog always pops up to say there is no keyboard (Alt-Q gets rid of it). Also the SD card reader does not work at all. Do you have these issues on your 6360 as well?

One other thing, do I have to live with the symbols being in the wrong place (eg. @ and " reversed on UK keyboard) or is there a fix for that?

Thanks!

I'm having exactly the same problem, grey screen with a :beachball: in the top left corner!

One other thing, do I have to live with the symbols being in the wrong place (eg. @ and " reversed on UK keyboard) or is there a fix for that?

I got that bit sorted, I installed Ukelele and modified the included Logitech-UK keyboard layout (even though it's not Logitech, it works for the laptop keyboard and my external Microsoft one) to get all the symbols in the correct place.

I use Hp probook 4430s
I have a problem with a brightness after updates from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 (with HP ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3)
Now i can't + or - brightnes (volume ok)
Help me!

I use Hp probook 4430s
I have a problem with a brightness after updates from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 (with HP ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3)
Now i can't + or - brightnes (volume ok)
Help me!

You need to re-patch DSDT.

and..
How to fix iMessage, FaceTime on my hackintosh?
(iTune, iCloud, Appstore working)

Back