Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

No I'm using the laptop's wifi. do you think reinstalling the patches for my wifi card will fix the problem?

No I'm using the laptop's wifi. do you think reinstalling the patches for my wifi card will fix the problem?

Feel free to post ioreg if you want me to look at your setup: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

What is your hardware?

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Feel free to post ioreg if you want me to look at your setup: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

What is your hardware?

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Thank you so much for your help in advance. I have updated my profile, you can see my system information now.

Thank you so much for your help in advance. I have updated my profile, you can see my system information now.

See first sentence post #794.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro 4530s.zip
    379.1 KB · Views: 73
Oops, Here's the IORegistry file.

Somehow your smbios is MacBookPro4,1.

I suggest you reinstall and follow the guide in post #1.

Somehow your smbios is MacBookPro4,1.

I suggest you reinstall and follow the guide in post #1.

Sorry do you mean reinstalling the whole osx from the USB again?

I really don't know why it is so, but I'm sure I installed the files intended for my model carefully. one last thing just one and only. can you please suggest what things to check for my laptop in the hp installer, please? :cry:

Sorry do you mean reinstalling the whole osx from the USB again?

Yes, because you don't get MacBookPro4,1 using the guide in post #1.

one last thing just one and only. can you please suggest what things to check for my laptop in the hp installer, please? :cry:

See step #14 of post #1. If you have specific questions, ask.

Hi,
I've followed the guides and reinstalled the mavericks on the 4530s, but still I experience trackpad and keyboard freezing when I wake the laptop or power it on sometimes, not always. I have attached my IORegistry file hoping that you can help me with. I can still use a usb mouse/keyboard when the trackpad and keys are frozen.

Attachments

• hamda’s MacBook Pro.zip
    405.2 KB · Views: 77
Hi Rehabman,
I've followed the guides and reinstalled the mavericks on the 4530s, but still I experience trackpad and keyboard freezing when I wake the laptop or power it on sometimes, not always. I have attached my IORegistry file hoping that you can help me with. I can still use a usb mouse/keyboard when the trackpad and keys are frozen.

You can try EC reset; shutdown computer remove all sources of power ( battery, AC ), hold power button for 30 sec then restart.

Back