Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

RehabMan - first THANK YOU for such an excellent guide on installing/upgrading to Mavs. Compared to my Lion/MLion installs this went more slickly than a greased up baby seal! I do, however have one issue

I read most of this thread, but not all of it. Enough to find the above, and then after checking my running extensions verify that I have HDAEnabler1 running (1.0.0d1 by Kabyl), so I must have not quite followed the guide to the letter. This is my only known issue - sleep/resume works unlike under Lion and I am stoked, so if I can just get audio working, all will be well with the world.

I have a 4530s, XU015UT#ABA, 2.1Ghz i3, 8GB DDR3, 128Gb Crucial SSD with the latest TrimEnabler running perfectly. Audio chipset is apparently IDT based, but I can't see which one.

My Mavericks install was a clean install of 10.9.0, with apps and docs (and settings, I think) restored from 10.7.4 (or possibly .5)

Your suggestion solution to the above was to delete un-necessary kexts, but in one of the last posts people talk about "audio not working" being an expected outcome.

I would very much appreciate it if someone could let me know the safest way to resolve this - rerunning Probook installer, or manually removing a kext etc?

Many thanks to all for such a great resource.

Remove the HDAEnabler1.kext.
Install vanilla AppleHDA.kext.
Run the ProBook Installer, selecting "OS X Support Kexts" for your laptop.
Reboot.

Post #1 updated for 10.9.1 update.

Post #1 updated for 10.9.1 update.

Thank you for the guide ( very quick like usual :) )
I also rebuilded the DSDT.aml with the probook 6.1.11 .
I have to test the cameracontrols tools.
Other thing work fine

Hi, now I'm dual booting Windows 8.1 Pro + Hackintosh Mavericks 10.9.1 (using Chameleon) on my laptop, how can I set Windows 8.1 is default OS when booting?

Hi, now I'm dual booting Windows 8.1 Pro + Hackintosh Mavericks 10.9.1 (using Chameleon) on my laptop, how can I set Windows 8.1 is default OS when booting?

Use Chameleon Wizard to set the "Default Partition" in your org.chameleon.boot.plist. If you tap the Tab key at the boot loader, you will see "text mode" Chameleon and be able to easily determine the hd(x,y) disk/partition identifier.

Use Chameleon Wizard to set the "Default Partition" in your org.chameleon.boot.plist. If you tap the Tab key at the boot loader, you will see "text mode" Chameleon and be able to easily determine the hd(x,y) disk/partition identifier.

Thanks, I will try as ur guiding :D

Edit: I got it! :D

Outstanding work gentlemen. Mavericks was by far the most painless hackintosh
I have done to date. Everything seems to be working wonderfully.
A portion of my next paycheck is going to this forum. :)

Is it safe to update ML to Mavericks from app store?

Hello, small surprise all to install(settle) them worked until now!!! But the last version does not work for me ca gives me a black screen has l installation with flags GE=No as well as all other flags i have a Probook 4540s / i3 / 3110m / hd4000 I returned has l former(old) version thank you very much very good work

Hello, small surprise all to install(settle) them worked until now!!! But the last version does not work for me ca gives me a black screen has l installation with flags GE=No as well as all other flags i have a Probook 4540s / i3 / 3110m / hd4000 I returned has l former(old) version thank you very much very good work

Last version of what?

Use the following boot flags with the current installer:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IntelCapriFB=3

Some bug in the installer for the last month or so.

Back