Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro XE700T1C

Status
Not open for further replies.
updates fine after you remove applecppowermanagent!

But then you have no CPU power management! The proper fix is to patch the new kext or at least install the patched version from Multibeast.

Rehabman

Is there any chance you could help me? It all worked fine until i upgraded to 10.9.5.

I have attached a screen shot, i removed the modem kext, but it doesn't help.

I have
Broadcom BCM94352HMB

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20140920_123138.jpg
    IMG_20140920_123138.jpg
    936.9 KB · Views: 95
Rehabman

Is there any chance you could help me? It all worked fine until i upgraded to 10.9.5.

I have attached a screen shot, i removed the modem kext, but it doesn't help.

I have
Broadcom BCM94352HMB

Thanks in advance.

What did you do to originally get your WiFi working? Hopefully you didn't install replacements for IO80211Family.kext or IONetworkingFamily.kext.

If you did:
- restore your system to a backup made prior to updating to 10.9.5
- restore the two kexts mentioned to vanilla 10.9.4 versions
- redo the 10.9.5 update
- fix your WiFi properly (see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html)

What did you do to originally get your WiFi working? Hopefully you didn't install replacements for IO80211Family.kext or IONetworkingFamily.kext.

If you did:
- redo the 10.9.5 update
- fix your WiFi properly (see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html)

Hi,

Last time i download the kext from here:http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card-for-notebooks/

So i went looking for my backup, it's old, had more data, i know stupid of me not to back up before the last update.

Anyhow i opened the laptop, pulled the WIFI and it seems to boot, however in the process i have also pulled the ssd, and turned it on which reset some settings somewhere.

After i pluged it all back up only windows is coming up in the boot menu, so i have to use the USB Macos bootable to launch macos. Not sure what to do now, i tried to re-install clover but it doesn't seem to pick it up as UEFI bootable, god dam what a stuff about.

But as soon as i get it up i install the wifi properly.

Bad idea to replace kexts with random versions. It can cause version mismatches... Better to use only DSDT patch or injector kext.

Anyhow i opened the laptop, pulled the WIFI and it seems to boot, however in the process i have also pulled the ssd, and turned it on which reset some settings somewhere.

Install vanilla 10.9.5 networking kexts. To do that, do a fresh install to a secondary partition, update it to 10.9.5, then install the kexts mentioned from that partition to your new one. Repair permissions & rebuild cache. Re-install WiFi card and see if it works.

After i pluged it all back up only windows is coming up in the boot menu, so i have to use the USB Macos bootable to launch macos. Not sure what to do now, i tried to re-install clover but it doesn't seem to pick it up as UEFI bootable, god dam what a stuff about.

Maybe you have custom entries (with partition GUIDs) in your config.plist and now the partition GUID has changed. Remove the custom entries, or use a Clover USB (without the custom entries) to boot.

smooth update here as well, same old issue with the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext, but no other issues. One thing thats working these days that didn't seem to work when I got it, is the ambient brightness, i didnt ever try any patch with the brightness control discussed earlier in this thread. I mainly use this as a desktop computer with a screen attached excepting travelling though. [thats the "needs more ram" reason]

Kenny

so i want to update? any one have a patched version of the cpu power management ?

If you did:
- redo the 10.9.5 update

The link above to fix your WIFI, there is no actual guide, there is a step one and step two, but both a verification steps. Where is the information on how to actually patch it?

The link above to fix your WIFI, there is no actual guide, there is a step one and step two, but both a verification steps. Where is the information on how to actually patch it?

There are several techniques discussed in that post (patching the kext manually, DSDT injection, and injector kexts). The one I recommend is to install the injector kext (toledaARPT.kext).

You have to read it carefully as toleda's style is rather terse.

There are several techniques discussed in that post (patching the kext manually, DSDT injection, and injector kexts). The one I recommend is to install the injector kext (toledaARPT.kext).

You have to read it carefully as toleda's style is rather terse.

yeah sorry about my last response, i sore all those techniques and i did want a recommendation.

I applied some kext but it's a bit flaky will be trying your recommendation tonight.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back