Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro XE700T1C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so what I had installed both the newest driver and the one before that for the wacom pen. I noticed with the new one it was always recognized but not able to calibrate and with the old one it was the opposite. So I just installed the older version. 5.3.2.2 I believe and the I took the launch agent from the new one and put it in Library/Launch Agents. I will include a kext pack I made for a dsdt version of most things working, I still have to work on sleep, I will go the DSDT route if i have to. In this kext pack you will find the launch agent necessary for making the pen work without needing to put it to sleep. Let me know what you guys think. Also it didnt seem to work with the touchbase drivers which seemed a little wonky for me.
http://ge.tt/947xYUn1/v/0?c

regarding touchbase + wacom drivers =wonky, when I purchased them, I asked for and got a version with the wacom part missing, so they wouldn't interfere with whatever the wacom driver was trying to do. so touchbase doesn't have any interference. still have the sleep wake step though.

If you still have to sleep wake it im wondering if it is interference with something, dsdt maybe even? I did a full vanilla install of mavericks 10.8.3 installed the previous wacom driver 6.3.2.2 then swapped out the launch agent from 6.3.3.3 which is included in my download pack. That should make it work every time you start up. Heres a quick video I did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdPcSZHfk1g

Also it seemed to be fine with the kexts that I included in the download. Hopefully someone can confirm this for me. Is the touch only version of the touchbase driver cheaper than the version with the included pen support. Also does it disable touch when you put the pen near?

How do i get the voodoo audio to save my settings in its app and setup the internal mic to work ?

Im using the original post DSDT since I was pisspoor at generating a working one of my own. having bluetooth wifi and the pen actually work even with the sleep cycling [which got a lot easier with 10.9.2 or 3, one of em had a change up in how the sleep was triggered and it made a difference in the ease of a successful sleep wake cycle] so I didnt ever futz around with pushing limits on the brightness and wacom sleep. I will check out your video however, I did grab the zip and was going to see if the brightness kext works with my setup too.
as far as the touch base the price was the same, I got it with wacom access and without, when Im using a painting program like PhotoshopCC it works pretty well, I usually turn off multitouch and have it only as mouse style [changeable in the menubar prefs] as far as palm rejection, Im not noticing it, but I can usually keep my hand off the art area. When I use it with a program like painter, it doesn't work at all, no touch interaction in that program. But painter by its nature tries to have custom brush calibration controls which may be the odd feature that breaks it.

I use a different wacom sceen with it a alot of the time though and it has a totally different set of wacom drivers, so I had to remove the preference panel of the tablet one but both drivers are present.

Hi,
I have managed to install 10.9.4 using clover but I do not seem to able to boot unless I have the USB connected.
I followed this guide - http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html
and used ncomstock562 config and DSDT from earlier post but can only boot with the USB attached, I've tried a few different BIOS settings but still nothing and everything seems ok when I get to the desktop. Any ideas?

Fixed! I installed the latest chameleon using chameleon wizard and used my old chameleon plist for 10.8.5 and that sorted it. Defiantly more luck than judgment but everything seems fine now.

Alright so what I had installed both the newest driver and the one before that for the wacom pen. I noticed with the new one it was always recognized but not able to calibrate and with the old one it was the opposite. So I just installed the older version. 5.3.2.2 I believe and the I took the launch agent from the new one and put it in Library/Launch Agents. I will include a kext pack I made for a dsdt version of most things working, I still have to work on sleep, I will go the DSDT route if i have to. In this kext pack you will find the launch agent necessary for making the pen work without needing to put it to sleep. Let me know what you guys think. Also it didnt seem to work with the touchbase drivers which seemed a little wonky for me.
http://ge.tt/947xYUn1/v/0?c

I can confirm that replacing the agent file works for 10.9.2/10.8.5
also I have a demo version of TouchBase installed, no issues so far

Anyone had any joy getting the touchpad on the keyboard dock (elan smartpad) to behave more like a touchpad (multitouch etc)?

I'm sure it's possible, but I've tried numerous times to get EMlyDinEsH's latest driver (http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/) to work, and the closest I've come is a kernel panic.

It keeps throwing errors along the lines of "Failed to set touchpad to default state" which repeat several times before finally it goes bang and restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back