Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro XE700T1C

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whom-ever was asking about pressure sensitivity in Photoshop, I did some tests, using three different SAMSUNG pens (the small pen in the big holder had very little pressure variance at all, but it was a very light pressure... which has interesting possibilities for "changing pens" while drawing).

TestingWacomPens.jpg

Thanks for the kind words! it means a lot, we need more of your attitude around here.
Current state,
Installed 10.8.3, booted with -x, installed the kexts from ayilms files along with a couple others using kext helper, rebooted, installed chameleon, rebooted without any usb or boot flags. Clean slate ready to operate, back to the drawing board. Will keep you posted.

UPDATE 1--
After updating to the most recent bios im noticing auto brightness adjustment within OSX, almost annoyingly so. I dont see an option within the OS to turn this on or off, are others seeing this as well? I will probably have to turn it off in bios, but its reassuring that the sensor works and that we might at some point have full control of the brightness. Also Im not remembering that I had implemented a kext that gave me immediate sleep and wake, I just hope i can find which one it was and where i got it. I have a feeling it was either nullcpupowermanager or fakesmc. Back to work.

I just realised, that I have may have been amiss by not stating that all build attempts for my SAMSUNG were not done from a Vanilla base, they were done from the base install I use for Medion laptops.

So, part and parcel of that, is a bundle of such kexts that you mention, let me check what I have

Code:
   12    0 0xffffff7f813dd000 0x2000     0x2000     es.osx86.driver.EvOreboot (1.0.3) <4 3>
   22    2 0xffffff7f81388000 0x13000    0x13000    org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC (4.3.5) <9 7 5 4 3>
   23    0 0xffffff7f813cf000 0x3000     0x3000     org.hwsensors.driver.CPUSensors (2.0.1) <22 7 5 4 3>
   32    0 0xffffff7f813e1000 0x2000     0x2000     org.tgwbd.driver.ElliottForceLegacyRTC (1) <9 4 3>
   34    0 0xffffff7f81c13000 0x3000     0x3000     com.yourcompany.driver.AppleACPIPS2Nub (1.0.0d1) <9 7 5 4 3 1>
   36    1 0xffffff7f80804000 0x11000    0x11000    org.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.1.0) <9 7 5 4 3 1>
   41    0 0xffffff7f8139b000 0x15000    0x15000    org.hwsensors.driver.LPCSensors (2.4.8) <22 10 7 5 4 3>
   52    0 0xffffff7f8082f000 0x4000     0x4000     org.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.1.0) <36 29 7 6 5 4 3 1>
   84    0 0xffffff7f80a70000 0x4000     0x4000     com.evosx86.driver.lspcidrv (1.0) <4 3>
   90    0 0xffffff7f81cd2000 0xd000     0xd000     com.Apple.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.1.0) <29 5 4 3>
  102    0 0xffffff7f81e59000 0x4000     0x4000     com.Apple.driver.PS2Mouse (1.2.0) <29 5 4 3>

Although, I should warn you, that I'm running a bit of a broken build right now, as I tried to update the External SSD to match the internal one :p

The problem with Linux porting of WiFi is that Apple doesn't document the interfaces used for WiFi. Apple only documents the interfaces involved for ethernet. So, a Linux driver port has to be done emulating ethernet and all the user-interface elements for selecting WiFi options, listing available networks, dealing with password entry/storage have to be created from scratch. Not impossible, but more work than it should be.

Sounds like another story of multi-touch pad...

ok, found something
http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/
https://www.facebook.com/mercurysquad
http://cl.ly/1y2f43170q2e3S3H3K3q

Well, that was unexpected...

I reinstalled my 10.8.3 custom build, applied Aliyam's kexts, rebooted, installed Pen Tablet (wacom), applied tablet's 4 kexts (this time, taking care to remove all trace of existing kexts), and rebooted.

First thing I see is a Wacom calibration reminder, and then I am calibrating. No sleeping required.

Code:
h61-w7:Ativ KEXTS root# rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/{AppleACPIPS2,ApplePS2,IOUSBFam,IOUSBMassStor}*kext
h61-w7:Ativ KEXTS root# sudo cp -r *kext /System/Library/Extensions/
h61-w7:Ativ KEXTS root# reboot

The only real difference from the last few installs, was that I didn't install the touch drivers.

Grrr, just rebooted again, and the calibration is out, and it's saying there's no supported tablet.

Well, bugger.

I was finally able to read the internal ssd on my samsung, the problem was that the drives schema was guid not mbr. has any one else found this, did i miss this in the guide, has anyone be able to install the os on the internal drive under guid. Ive got a fully functioning system except i can't sleep. not really sure whats the problem. its the same as before the screen goes black and then the blue light stays on and it doesn't do anything i have to force shutdown. im going to try 10.8.3 and others and see if that fixes it.

also has anyone been able to get the track pad going. I found this site,

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

is that the right hardware vendor for the trackpad, im pretty sureng it is, im still experimenting with it ill let you know how it goes.

Also i got wireless and bluetooth working i used this card, for only 10 bucks its a bargin.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DELL-DW1...rnal_Network_Cards&hash=item2c691b7d62&_uhb=1

i used the recommendations from here on taking it apart. it was super easy i used different size guitar picks to pry it open then ran one around the edge until all the clips where loose. none broke.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/samsung/54457-ativ-700t-question-anyone-open-unit-yet-2.html

and then followed these steps for install, as a note the device and vendor ids are in system profiler under usb

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1916-the-perfect-mini-pcie-combo-card/

Hope this is the last of it, so far the tablet is exactly what I've been hoping for. looking forward to it being fully functional.

WOW nice GUID mr Aliyam. I'm impressed withe organization and write up. Great job my man.
This is exactly what this community needs, kind of makes me ashamed of my Slate7 write up, but i guess with over 100k hits it don't really matter. ;)

Keep on rocking.

Yeah that's what would happen to me. I can get the tablet about 95% working but the Wacom kext just get lost after reboot and the only way to restore is to delete everything and restart. Then install the wacom software again and they only work for that instance. Once you reboot, goodbye stylus support!

Also, I noticed that often when the pen would work (not calibrated but would act as a mouse) the keyboard and trackpad wouldn't function. I'm guessing some kind of conflict with the USB daisy chain? I tried doing the sleep trick but my computer would never wake again.

The touch base pro drivers worked perfectly, but the stylus drivers were hit and miss, and I contacted them to see if they had plans to adapt it to support pressure and they didn't.

One idea I had was to use Modbook Pro software since it uses the same Wacom technology but they refused to give me a copy of their software.

If it worked perfectly, this would be an awesome cheap Modbook-pro like device. I just wish we could get the stylus to work consistently :thumbup:

Awesome work on this so far everyone, hopefully we can get this worked out.

Yeah that's what would happen to me. I can get the tablet about 95% working but the Wacom kext just get lost after reboot and the only way to restore is to delete everything and restart. Then install the wacom software again and they only work for that instance. Once you reboot, goodbye stylus support!

Also, I noticed that often when the pen would work (not calibrated but would act as a mouse) the keyboard and trackpad wouldn't function. I'm guessing some kind of conflict with the USB daisy chain? I tried doing the sleep trick but my computer would never wake again.

The touch base pro drivers worked perfectly, but the stylus drivers were hit and miss, and I contacted them to see if they had plans to adapt it to support pressure and they didn't.

One idea I had was to use Modbook Pro software since it uses the same Wacom technology but they refused to give me a copy of their software.

If it worked perfectly, this would be an awesome cheap Modbook-pro like device. I just wish we could get the stylus to work consistently :thumbup:

Awesome work on this so far everyone, hopefully we can get this worked out.

Hi there ninjajoe, you say that you got the touch base drivers working perfectly, except for pressure, im not using the tablet for drawing and don't really need the pressure. What exactly did you use and where did you get it from. your help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What BIOS version are people running, im on P08AAT, is this the newest. Ive looked into downgrading but it seems to imposible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back