Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro XE700T1C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, fair enough aylim1. I don't mean to startup a dialogue off topic. Thanks for your quick responses and willingness.

There's a time for everything. Productivity = Real Estate. But, when I'm reading a lot of news on safari, articles in Preview, or books in Kindle, I like the portrait in HiDPI. It's ridiculously easy on the eyes. I'd recommend trying it out. THE OPTION IS NICE, right? It's really the deal maker for me to buy this tablet. And IT IS a tablet, id be using it for reading as much as a portable pc.

It's the one thing I dislike about my MBA is the resolution is incapable of HiDPI and once you go retina, or iPhone 4or hi-res, it's hard to go back to the lo-res 3, haha. I'm sure you know what I mean.

I use the HiDPI on an external monitors as of now. It's just a click of a button.

Well it obviously has the ability to scale. At the moment it supports

1920x1080 (duh)
1600x900
1344x1008 (4:3)
1344x756 (16:9)
1280x960 (4:3)
1024x768 (4:3)
800x600 (4:3)

So you can definitely make things bigger. It just doesn't load the HiDPI resources by default. You'll need Quartz debugger for that.

That being said, think about what the idea behind HiDPI mode is. Double density at the same size yeah? Now the MacBook Pro utilises at 2880x800 resolution but scales it at 1440x900. 1/4 the physical screen real estate, meaning one virtual pixel is represented by four physical pixels. Applying the same thing to 1920x1080, you get a scaled resolution of 960x540. Crisp is nice, but utterly useless in terms of how much you can fit on the screen. You might as well use a smartphone.

So in my opinion, you'd be better off using 1344x756. It looks a bit fuzzy (barely noticeable) because of the standard density icons, but at least everything scales nicely and you have a reasonable amount of screen real estate.

Yes, that is true and reasonable. :)

However, my experience with reading in the HiDPI scaled mode of 940x560, altho hilarious and maybe bizarre, is very enjoyable. AND EDIT Ill add that reading on a giant smartphone is nice-haha. I'm excited to try it out on the machine is all, so I asked before I could get my hands on it.

My HiDPI topic needs to stop! Thx ayilm1.

http://touch-base.com/download.asp

0x3EB is for the Series 7
0x841X is for the Ativ

You will need to purchase a licence in order to gain full functionality. Trial is limited to 100 clicks before a forced recalibration.

I keep getting a kernel panic. I followed your instructions carefully and for some reason i cant get it to boot up into the installer at all. When i first tried, it would do the spinny then show the circle with the slash in it. So i copied over the 3 files you suggested, the plist, etc... and tried again, this time i noticed the resolution was sharper. But now it gives me a kernel panic. Is there a certain button combination you used? Did you use the keyboard dock and hit the enter key? I noticed it has strangely made a difference in previous installs. For instance the windows key doesnt work unless i copy those three files to the usb key first, so i assume these files are giving it proper functionality (which would explain the resolution). But the screen rotation key acts as enter regardless. So many variables with these installs. If i hook up the keyboard and use the enter key with -V -F flags it loads for a minute then says "still waiting for root device" and repeats that. When I try to boot it normally with the windows home key it gives me a appleintelcpupowermanagement kernel panic. Please give me whatever advice you might have. I look forward to getting this to work and hopefully helping hack away at the brightness if possible. Thanks in advance.

照片.JPG????????????

Hoping people are still reading this thread ... How do I : Replace the DSDT.aml, boot.plist and smbios.plist files with the ones from the installation package?? I tried to skip this step and I can get into the first boot to setup, but it has issues after that .... So, Im hoping someone can tell me how to replace the files from the install zip in the post? Thanks!

The folder where the Files must go is:
HD/Extra/

Or use multibeast to replace the files you want. remember to place the DSDT.aml file on the desktop if you use multibeast.

What i would like to know is if the build in WiFi works?

cheers

So far I have been able to get it installed and most of things working fine. But I was wondering how you were able to get the digitizer working. I didnt see the exact download on the touch base website. Can you tell me what steps i need to take to find it or have it made, or could you even send me your sample copy? Thanks in advance

Thanks ayilm1 for the post! I had been trying to get this to work on my own, and today I found your post.

I can confirm everything works like you posted. Im still running mac os from a thumbdrive

I will now be working on the brightness and wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back