Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Well, deleted everything. Only left FakeSMC and USBInjectAll.
No EnergyDriver for Intel Power Gadget.
No Ethernet driver.
No sound.
Not even PS2 driver.
Nothing. Just FakeSMC and USBInjectAll.

Kernel_task keeps the same.

I attach you the ioreg and kextcache update output, and clover as well.

I think I'm going crazy.

Also, check this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...osemite-on-hp-elite-7000.159049/#post-1008075
He said he deleted some useless devices on the DSDT and now it runs fine.

Disable TRIM. Also, don't use 'trimforce'... it is better to use the Clover patch (if your SSD is compatible).
Also, do a fresh install.
Also, from where did you download macOS?

Finally, it is entirely possible that a kext provided by Apple is causing the problem...

Hey RehabMan, any idea what "Device (IMEI)" does in the ACPI? I see certain Mac modes (MacBookPro11,1) don't have it... I know it's needed when having mixed CPU configuration, but if we don't have mixed configuration, we don't need it right?

IMEI is the ACPI identity used for Intel MEI (Intel Management Engine Interface).

Okay so now I added two patches (battery fix and brightness fix) - I placed all SSDT files and DSDT file in my Clover USB Patched folder.

Booted up, Battery fix is there but no brightness slider or any option to increase my brightness. I went and checked my clover USB and all the SSDT files were gone.

What exactly happened...? I don't have the EFI folder mounted on my HDD because of some error clover config is giving me.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

IMEI is the ACPI identity used for Intel MEI (Intel Management Engine Interface).
I know but is it necessary to have defined in the ACPI?

Disable TRIM. Also, don't use 'trimforce'... it is better to use the Clover patch (if your SSD is compatible).
Also, do a fresh install.
Also, from where did you download macOS?

Finally, it is entirely possible that a kext provided by Apple is causing the problem...

Kingston V300 240GB here, how do I apply that patch?

I downloaded from App Store on my desktop that has El Capitan, used Unibeast from this forum to make Sierra's installer.

May I download it again from this laptop and make a new USB with Unibeast?

Kingston V300 240GB here, how do I apply that patch?

I downloaded from App Store on my desktop that has El Capitan, used Unibeast from this forum to make Sierra's installer.

May I download it again from this laptop and make a new USB with Unibeast?

The trim patch is in all the plists in my guide, but disabled. Disabled patches are covered in the guide, post #2.
My guide does not use Unibeast.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Suggest you run without the trim patch (and without trimforce) until you know it is not the cause of your problem.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I cannot find "problem reporting" on a post #1
but, in case you need my files (ioreg, terminal output, and EFI folder), here they are

Attachments

• Files.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
The trim patch is in all the plists in my guide, but disabled. Disabled patches are covered in the guide, post #2.
My guide does not use Unibeast.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Suggest you run without the trim patch (and without trimforce) until you know it is not the cause of your problem.
Did a new USB.
Did a fresh install.
After install, kernel_task stays at 60%, well, I think I will let it settle down a little, because Spotlight might be indexing, etc...
Installed only FakeSMC and VoodooPS2.
But I think the issue is still there, it's been about 30min (and I have no data there, also, at SSD speeds Spotlight might index faster).
I will wait a little more, I don't trust Spotlight's efficiency.

On Apple discussions talk about Macbook Air's faulty temp sensor causing this issue, is there any way to report a fake temp to try?
I mean, if I can tell the OS the CPU is at 20°C for example...

I cannot find "problem reporting" on a post #1
but, in case you need my files (ioreg, terminal output, and EFI folder), here they are

You will need to debug your _LID method to determine if it is working as per ACPI spec.
You can use ACPIDebug.kext for that...

Back