Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Correct disassembly: iasl -da -dl *.aml
SSDT-1.dsl: Apply "Remove _PSS placeholders"
SSDT-6.dsl: Apply "Fix/Cleanup Errors (SSDT)"
thank you so much.. now I have dsdt, ssdt errors free

The guide is quite clear regarding dynamic SSDTs. You should read it carefully.

Simple rules: If you have any patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, DropOem must be true. And all non-dynamic SSDTs must be included in ACPI/patched. And SortedOrder must be used to set the load order.

Do you need to set the sorting order exactly as it shows up in your patched folder or can you just let it load in any order it wants? Will that make a difference? Lastly, if dynamic SSDT do not get included will it know to load them automatically if DropOEM=true and they are not included in the patched folder? As they refer to the CPU I assume its important they are loaded.

Do you need to set the sorting order exactly as it shows up in your patched folder or can you just let it load in any order it wants? Will that make a difference? Lastly, if dynamic SSDT do not get included will it know to load them automatically if DropOEM=true and they are not included in the patched folder? As they refer to the CPU I assume its important they are loaded.

SSDTs can be order dependent. You should NOT experiment with new load orders.
Dynamic SSDTs are loaded by code in DSDT or the other static SSDTs (if needed). Refer to ACPI spec "Load" opcode.

when i'm going to download your latest patchmatic it shows like this :(
Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 12.11.30 AM.png

okay thanks i'll check :)

Hi,
I've been trying to patch my DSDTs and SSDTs by myself for several days, I just can't get to the Sierra installer w/ good graphics & SSD detected. I'm sure it's linked to SSDT/DSDT patching because if I don't patch them I can see my SSD, but the screen is flickering and very dark, and when I do use the tables from https://github.com/corenel/XPS9550-OSX, the display is perfect but my SSD can't appear (I'm using the Clover KextsToPatch patchs for Sierra)
Could you please help me patch them ? It would be very very nice of you.
Thanks for your answer

Attachments

• tables.zip
    56.3 KB · Views: 60
  • tables.zip
    236.6 KB · Views: 70
Hi,
I've been trying to patch my DSDTs and SSDTs by myself for several days, I just can't get to the Sierra installer w/ good graphics & SSD detected. I'm sure it's linked to SSDT/DSDT patching because if I don't patch them I can see my SSD, but the screen is flickering and very dark, and when I do use the tables from https://github.com/corenel/XPS9550-OSX, the display is perfect but my SSD can't appear (I'm using the Clover KextsToPatch patchs for Sierra)
Could you please help me patch them ? It would be very very nice of you.
Thanks for your answer

It is never a good idea to use ACPI files from another computer. Patch your own. Read post #1.

Hello RehabMan, can you please explain what the SMBus patch does or why it should be added? I've searched in many forums and found it used, but never explained why...
Is it really necessary? I'd like to know what it exactly does.
Thanks

Hello RehabMan, can you please explain what the SMBus patch does or why it should be added? I've searched in many forums and found it used, but never explained why...
Is it really necessary? I'd like to know what it exactly does.
Thanks

No idea.

Back