Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Ok, so I'm going to include other patched SSDTs mentioned by you and I've also added some patches to DSDT (GUIDE was also modified http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...s-s551l-el-capitan-10-11-3-a.html#post1197775)

We will se what will come out of it...

(would it be possible (please) to modify title of my GUIDE? As it is ver. 1.3 now and it seems mod has to do so...)

EDIT: Sleep seems to work (7+ attempts without failure), but not when I close the LID, only via PWR button or System -> Sleep .... I can totally live with it, but ... what could cause that?

EDIT2: never mind I just found out that SSDT 6-8 didn't have .aml extension, so I'm going to restart PC and see, if that was the issue (as it probably was)

EDIT3: ok, so LID close sleep isn't working and it wasn't because of missing file extensions

Hello, my dsdt it's perfect, no errors.
But I have errors with some ssdt (number 8/11/13)
The errors from the others ssdt, I already solved.
Please, take a look:

Attachments

• SSDT-8.dsl
    80 KB · Views: 117
  • SSDT-11.dsl
    164 KB · Views: 85
  • SSDT-13.dsl
    27.1 KB · Views: 85
  • dsdtandssdt.zip
    168.7 KB · Views: 60
Hello, my dsdt it's perfect, no errors.
But I have errors with some ssdt (number 8/11/13)
The errors from the others ssdt, I already solved.
Please, take a look:

SSDT-8,SSDT-11: no errors if you follow the guide (don't forget to remove the External declarations from refs.txt as described in the guide)

SSDT-13: Apply "Cleanup/Fix Errors (SSDT)" (and move Externals from refs.txt per guide)

Define "isn't working".

I close the lid, display goes off and I wait.....and wait....and wait .. PC just won't go to sleep (Like the event isn't triggered... I didn't mess with any system settings).

1) Before all additional steps "close LID sleep" worked ( sleep itself worked only around 70 % of a time - it "froze", LED was on, but laptop itself was inactive and I could wake it properly, I had to do "hard shutdown")
2) Sleep via PWR button works and system (apple logo) -> sleep works as well...

I close the lid, display goes off and I wait.....and wait....and wait .. PC just won't go to sleep (Like the event isn't triggered... I didn't mess with any system settings).

1) Before all additional steps "close LID sleep" worked ( sleep itself worked only around 70 % of a time)
2) Sleep via PWR button works and system (apple logo) -> sleep works as well...

Check for assertions:
Code:
pmset -g assertions

Also, try removing _PRW (if present) from the LID device in DSDT (there is a patch specifically for this in my repo).

You could also use ACPIDebug.kext to debug your _LID method (see ACPI spec and ACPIDebug README) if you want to know more (eg. is _LID being called?, is it returning the correct value?).

At 'Disassembling ACPI Files', I typed in the command and got an error,

ACPI Error: ^??(_??hd???o??????@%??&???&??: Path has too many parent prefixes (^) - reached beyond root node (20141107/nsaccess-520)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_CTRL_PARSE_CONTINUE

At 'Disassembling ACPI Files', I typed in the command and got an error,

ACPI Error: ^??(_??hd???o??????@%??&???&??: Path has too many parent prefixes (^) - reached beyond root node (20141107/nsaccess-520)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_CTRL_PARSE_CONTINUE

Post native ACPI files (Clover F4, provide ACPI/origin as ZIP).

How do I post a file??

Back