Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Post #1 has details on ACPI/patched. Read it carefully.

You should have a USB that works to boot your system before testing.

I just found another problem..
I saved the error-free .dsl file to .aml using MaciASL -> Save As, select "ACPI Machine Language Binary" and named it e.g. DSDT.aml. When I open the saved DSDT.aml file and try to compile it, errors popped up again, even though there is no error in the original .dsl file. How is that?

Code:
21471, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SUBTRACT

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    87.8 KB · Views: 179
I just found another problem..
I saved the error-free .dsl file to .aml using MaciASL -> Save As, select "ACPI Machine Language Binary" and named it e.g. DSDT.aml. When I open the saved DSDT.aml file and try to compile it, errors popped up again, even though there is no error in the original .dsl file. How is that?

Code:
21471, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SUBTRACT

Your question is covered in post #1 (you really need to read it).

Let me state it quite simply (because this comes up a lot): If you are opening an AML file directly in MaciASL and clicking Compile, you are doing it WRONG. Let that soak into the gray matter between your ears for a minute.

Can you help me with my dsdt ?
Extracted with iasl...
Fixed my errors using patch parseop_zero (The second one) :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 20.23.59.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 20.23.59.png
    285.1 KB · Views: 121
Hi,
this is my GUIDE with all listed DSDT/SSDT patches and everything I've done to make make my laptop work.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...s-s551l-el-capitan-10-11-3-a.html#post1197775

Thing is, that it won't sleep sometimes...
With older BIOS I've got much better results, but it sure isn't perfect (as I found out during several days). I would like to ask, if there is anything I can try: some extra patches, kexts... anything (I will gladly provide my ACPI tables).

Can you help me with my dsdt ?
Extracted with iasl...
Fixed my errors using patch parseop_zero (The second one) :D

It is clear in the image you provide. Bad edits have made open and close braces unbalanced.

Hi,
this is my GUIDE with all listed DSDT/SSDT patches and everything I've done to make make my laptop work.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...s-s551l-el-capitan-10-11-3-a.html#post1197775

Thing is, that it won't sleep sometimes...
With older BIOS I've got much better results, but it sure isn't perfect (as I found out during several days). I would like to ask, if there is anything I can try: some extra patches, kexts... anything (I will gladly provide my ACPI tables).

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Download patchmatic...
[/code]

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thanks! The ZIP provided should contain everything.

Attachments

• sorrowbringer_files.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 76
Thanks! The ZIP provided should contain everything.

ACPI is not patched correctly.

Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml

Read post #1.

Use Clover F4 extract for easy comparison ACPI/patched vs. ACPI/origin.

I checked for common patches in patched/DSDT.aml. And there is no "OS Check Fix" (no "Darwin"), for example.

ACPI is not patched correctly.

Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml

Read post #1.

Use Clover F4 extract for easy comparison ACPI/patched vs. ACPI/origin.

I checked for common patches in patched/DSDT.aml. And there is no "OS Check Fix" (no "Darwin"), for example.

I've tried to disassemble SSDT1-10 + DSDT to resolve - unresolved externals (with refs.txt)

SSDT8:

External (HDOS, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
External (HNOT, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 1 arguments
External (IDAB, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments

DSDT:

External (_SB_.PCI0.PAUD.PUAM, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
External (_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.DUAM, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
External (_SB_.TPM_.PTS_, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 1 arguments
External (PS0X, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
External (PS3X, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments

How can I "guess" the correct number of arguments? Check all other *.aml files? Or... are these methods necessary at all?

EDIT: I've found ACPI "manual", so I'm going to check there.... (http://www.acpi.info/DOWNLOADS/ACPI_5_Errata A.pdf)

I've tried to disassemble SSDT1-10 + DSDT to resolve - unresolved externals (with refs.txt)

SSDT8:

External (HDOS, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
External (HNOT, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 1 arguments
External (IDAB, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments

DSDT:

External (_SB_.PCI0.PAUD.PUAM, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
External (_SB_.PCI0.XHC_.DUAM, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
External (_SB_.TPM_.PTS_, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 1 arguments
External (PS0X, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments
External (PS3X, MethodObj) // Warning: Unresolved method, guessing 0 arguments

How can I "guess" the correct number of arguments? Check all other *.aml files? Or... are these methods necessary at all?

EDIT: I've found ACPI "manual", so I'm going to check there.... (http://www.acpi.info/DOWNLOADS/ACPI_5_Errata A.pdf)

There is no reason to provide refs.txt content for the methods you mention above.

For the most part, iasl is able to guess correctly. Symbols are added to refs.txt only when the iasl guess is incorrect.

Back