Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

So i need to fix the 2 errors which are:
Unexpected PARSEOP_IF, expecting , or )
Unexpected PARSEOP_ELSE, expecting $end and premature end-of-file

How to fix ?

Post the files you're seeing these errors with.

It is not possible to diagnose based on error message alone (it is why the error messages from iasl contain the line number of the code causing the problem).

Post the files you're seeing these errors with.

It is not possible to diagnose based on error message alone (it is why the error messages from iasl contain the line number of the code causing the problem).

I made a mistake, these errors are from dsdt.aml
Dsdt.dsl gives me another error: Name already exists in scope (_DSM). DSDT.dsl is located in patched folder.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 64
I made a mistake, these errors are from dsdt.aml
Dsdt.dsl gives me another error: Name already exists in scope (_DSM). DSDT.dsl is located in patched folder.

Read post #837.

Be prepared to read post #1 very carefully. You added a _DSM method without first removing the OEM _DSM methods. The guide is very clear regarding the recommendations here.

Be prepared to read post #1 very carefully. You added a _DSM method without first removing the OEM _DSM methods. The guide is very clear regarding the recommendations here.

seems to be solved with the remove_dsm patch

i was trying to enable audio on my laptop which has Lynx Point-LP HD Audio Controller (9C20 device id)

seems to be solved with the remove_dsm patch

Make sure you apply "Remove _DSM methods" prior to any other patch. It will remove _DSM methods other patches added...

The order dependency is clearly described in post #1.

Make sure you apply "Remove _DSM methods" prior to any other patch. It will remove _DSM methods other patches added...

The order dependency is clearly described in post #1.

I applied that patch last, seems all ok for now. Hope will have not problems..

Back