Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Numbering is different depending on extraction method. Nothing unexpected there.

If you want me to check something, describe the problem and post EFI/Clover folder.

This is my current EFI/Clover folder that cause black screen on boot problem when I choose DROP OEM SSDT (and no brightness control if I don't DROP OEM SSDT). I am really appreciate your help :lol:

This is my current EFI/Clover folder that cause black screen on boot problem when I choose DROP OEM SSDT (and no brightness control if I don't DROP OEM SSDT). I am really appreciate your help :lol:

You're dropping too many SSDTs.

You need to include all OEM SSDTs (patched appropriately, excepting dynamic SSDTs) in ACPI/patched. Make sure they are called referenced in their original order and with the correct names by SortedOrder.

You're dropping too many SSDTs.

You need to include all OEM SSDTs (patched appropriately, excepting dynamic SSDTs) in ACPI/patched. Make sure they are called referenced in their original order and with the correct names by SortedOrder.

Hi RehabMan, I did as your instruction and get full brightness. However, now I have pumped into QE/CI problem with my video card HD4400. Do you know why this happen? Thanks a lot for your kindly help with my brightness control. :thumbup:

Hi RehabMan, I did as your instruction and get full brightness. However, now I have pumped into QE/CI problem with my video card HD4400. Do you know why this happen? Thanks a lot for your kindly help with my brightness control. :thumbup:

No idea what you mean by "have pumped into QE/CI problem"...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Thanks again, and is there a "how to" determine ioreg?

Look for the nodes in question in IOACPIPlane using IORegistryExplorer.

I'm sure if you poke around a little bit, comparing the code/structure you see in MaciASL and the structure you see in IOACPIPlane, you should be able to pick up the relationship.

Look for the nodes in question in IOACPIPlane using IORegistryExplorer.

I'm sure if you poke around a little bit, comparing the code/structure you see in MaciASL and the structure you see in IOACPIPlane, you should be able to pick up the relationship.
I see in the DSDT there are "Device HS09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14" Under the "Scope (_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB)"
but in my ioreg there is only still HS08.

what should I do? add HS09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 to IOREG? if so how do I do it? or I delete them from DSDT?

and there are also Device (USBR), Device (SSP3)(SSP4)(SSP5)(SSP6) in DSDT.dsl which don't show in IOACPIPlane.

I see in the DSDT there are "Device HS09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14" Under the "Scope (_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB)"
but in my ioreg there is only still HS08.

Yes... so it likely means those other ones are not active. So when you come across the errors in DSDT, you can simply eliminate them.

and there are also Device (USBR), Device (SSP3)(SSP4)(SSP5)(SSP6) in DSDT.dsl which don't show in IOACPIPlane.

Same thing...

Yes... so it likely means those other ones are not active. So when you come across the errors in DSDT, you can simply eliminate them.

Same thing...
Hi, RemabMan its me again.

after I deleted the "HS09.... etc, but at the end I still got more errors.
Code:
8179, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_DEVICE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

View attachment DSDT1.zip

No idea what you mean by "have pumped into QE/CI problem"...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Thanks again. I have attached all those files in here and to specify my problem: when I choose DROP OEM SSDT I will get maximum bright of screen (but no slider in Sys Pref -> Display) and my Intel HD4400 graphics memory drop from 1536MB to 4MB.

Back