Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Correct. It stops at HS08. There are quite a few more conditionals like that (the compiler will find them all, 4 at a time...) in your DSDT for you to investigate.
Thanks, will find more times to do more research how to do this ACPIDebug.

Thanks, will find more times to do more research how to do this ACPIDebug.

You may be able to determine all via ioreg.

Hi, RehabMan

I am having the issue with "ACPIBacklightPanel not found ... aborting" at boot up and no brightness slider. I've tried patching graphics SSDT with "Brightness fix Haswell" but no result. I also have my patchmatic folder and Ioreg here. Thanks in advance!View attachment 151225

Hi, RehabMan

I am having the issue with "ACPIBacklightPanel not found ... aborting" at boot up and no brightness slider. I've tried patching graphics SSDT with "Brightness fix Haswell" but no result. I also have my patchmatic folder and Ioreg here. Thanks in advance!View attachment 151225

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

I have attached everything in this file. My laptop does not generate any output for code kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu. Thank you very much for your help!

I have attached everything in this file. My laptop does not generate any output for code kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu. Thank you very much for your help!

Multiple problems:
- need config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true with patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched
- need config.plist/SSDT/SortedOrder to specify SSDT order when you have multiple patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched
- dynamic SSDTs (those with 'x' in the name such as SSDT-3x.aml), should not be placed in ACPI/patched
- not sure why you have SSDT-7-1.aml, but if that's your intention, make sure it is called out via SortedOrder with that name
- you should keep original numbers on the patched SSDTs as they relate to the originals (related to comment above)

It is all covered in the guide, post #1.

Another problem is that when I choose to Drop OEM SSDT it will boot to black screen (there's still power signal but screen is all black)

Another problem is that when I choose to Drop OEM SSDT it will boot to black screen (there's still power signal but screen is all black)

Read post #590.

Read post #590.

I have removed unnecessary SSDT files (just keep DSDT.aml and SSDT-7.aml, SSDT-7 is graphics SSDT) but still same result when I drop OEM SSDT. Besides, I found that SSDT generated from patchmatic has SSDT whose different number from SSDT generated from Clover F4 (SSDT-4 and SSDT-6 from patchmatic contain graphics codes while SSDT-7 from Clover also has graphics codes)

I have removed unnecessary SSDT files (just keep DSDT.aml and SSDT-7.aml, SSDT-7 is graphics SSDT) but still same result when I drop OEM SSDT. Besides, I found that SSDT generated from patchmatic has SSDT whose different number from SSDT generated from Clover F4 (SSDT-4 and SSDT-6 from patchmatic contain graphics codes while SSDT-7 from Clover also has graphics codes)

Numbering is different depending on extraction method. Nothing unexpected there.

If you want me to check something, describe the problem and post EFI/Clover folder.

Back