Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

I've installed high sierra, now I stuck with dsdt/ssdt.
DSDT was patched, few other ssdt were also patched, but ssdt-7 has few compilation error and I have no idea how to fix them.View attachment 288319
I was also surprised with extra suffixes for *.aml files which were created. I haven't that them with El Captain. Thank you for any help.

No reason to be compiling dynamic SSDTs.
Read post #1.

@RehabMan Can you help me to fix this SSDT? I have tried diassemble with refs.txt, without refs.txt, and directly open aml with MaciASL but all of them give same many errors. Thank you.

Attachments

• SSDT-4x.dsl
    16.4 KB · Views: 155
@RehabMan Can you help me to fix this SSDT? I have tried diassemble with refs.txt, without refs.txt, and directly open aml with MaciASL but all of them give same many errors. Thank you.

Why are you trying to compile a dynamic SSDT?
No need to compile dynamic SSDTs.
Read post #1 carefully.

Why are you trying to compile a dynamic SSDT?
No need to compile dynamic SSDTs.
Read post #1 carefully.
Oh I see, so I should not touch that dynamic SSDT. Thanks for your quick response.

You have unbalanced renames.
GFX0->IGPU patch in config.plist applies to native DSDT (and DSDT.aml if it were in ACPI/patched), but not SSDTs in ACPI/patched.
Read about it in post #1.
Yeah that solved everything. Nvidia is now disabled. Thank you :)

@RehabMan I was recently helping my frined with turning into a HackBook his 17" DELL Inspiron 7720 (7720-0562) and wrote a battery patch for it - tested works fine along with ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Thought you might want to add it to your repository. File attached.

Attachments

• [bat] DELL Inspiron 7720.txt.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 68
@RehabMan I was recently helping my frined with turning into a HackBook his 17" DELL Inspiron 7720 (7720-0562) and wrote a battery patch for it - tested works fine along with ACPIBatteryManager.kext. Thought you might want to add it to your repository. File attached.

Native DSDT is missing.
Read post #1, "Contributing".

Back