Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Hello Renab Man. Please tell me how to fix the error. Thank you.

Remove the _BIX method (it is not needed).
Code:
into method label _BIX remove_entry;

Read post #1.

Is there any host patch for _PSS in my ssdt? Or is there a code to apply it to info.plist?
Your repository has a patch to apply with maciALS, but I want to keep my system with hostpatch

Is there any host patch for _PSS in my ssdt?

What do you mean by "host patch". Why do you want to patch _PSS?

Or is there a code to apply it to info.plist?

What do you mean by "it"? What Info.plist are you referring to?

Your repository has a patch to apply with maciALS, but I want to keep my system with hostpatch

Which patch are you referring to?
And by "hostpatch" do you mean hotpatch?

I can't extract my ACPI tables, when I try with ssdtPRGen it only gives me a DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml and SSDT-1 to SSDT-3.aml files. I need SSDT-4 to SSDT-8 tho, Linux has those for me but no SSDT.aml.
Clover F4 got DSDT.aml and SSDT-1 to SSDT-14, but no SSDT.aml.

I've combined Linux files with ssdtPRGen (DSDT and SSDT from ssdtPRGen, SSDT-1 to SSDT-8 from Linux), but now I can't decompile with iasl.

How can I fully & correctly extract all my ACPI Tabes (DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml and SSDT-1.aml to SSDT-8.aml) so I can patch them without problems? (My current ones (combined linux & ssdtPRGen) can't decompile with iasl and seem don't correct because I combined them, that doesn't look alright to me...)

Thanks!

Last edited:
I can't extract my ACPI tables, when I try with ssdtPRGen it only gives me a DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml and SSDT-1 to SSDT-3.aml files. I need SSDT-4 to SSDT-8 tho, Linux has those for me but no SSDT.aml.
Clover F4 got DSDT.aml and SSDT-1 to SSDT-14, but no SSDT.aml.

I've combined Linux files with ssdtPRGen (DSDT and SSDT from ssdtPRGen, SSDT-1 to SSDT-8 from Linux), but now I can't decompile with iasl.

How can I fully & correctly extract all my ACPI Tabes (DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml and SSDT-1.aml to SSDT-8.aml) so I can patch them without problems? (My current ones (combined linux & ssdtPRGen) can't decompile with iasl and seem don't correct because I combined them, that doesn't look alright to me...)

Thanks!

ssdtPRgen.sh has nothing to do with native ACPI extraction. It is for generating Apple specific CPU PM SSDT.aml.

Use Clover F4 as per guide to extract to ACPI/origin on your EFI partition.

My problem is, that Clover F4 is not giving me correct files.

I've attached a image of my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder. No SSDT.aml. Also, why do SSDT-4 to SSDT-6, have an x at the end (SSDT-4x.aml..)?

So should I just put the SSDT.aml from ssdtPRGen in there for Power Management, or should I get that from somewhere else?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 113
I've attached a image of my /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder. No SSDT.aml.

You should not expect SSDT.aml.
Clover always extracts as SSDT-<digits>[x].aml.

Also, why do SSDT-4 to SSDT-6, have an x at the end (SSDT-4x.aml..)?

Your question regarding dynamic SSDTs is answered in post #1.

So should I just put the SSDT.aml from ssdtPRGen in there for Power Management, or should I get that from somewhere else?

Your power management question is answered in the power management guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

You're right, didn't read that at first. I got confused by the x at the end and by the missing SSDT.aml. Sorry.

But a problem that I couldn't find here, is that I'm not able to decompile...

I've attached the image, that's the output. I cannot compile the .aml files correctly...

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 22.12.04.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 22.12.04.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 90
You're right, didn't read that at first. I got confused by the x at the end and by the missing SSDT.aml. Sorry.

But a problem that I couldn't find here, is that I'm not able to decompile...

I've attached the image, that's the output. I cannot compile the .aml files correctly...

Thanks!

It appears to me that your current working directory is not set to where the files are.
Chances are you put the files in a subfolder under Desktop, not directly on the Desktop.

Back