Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

in fact of the matter is that it is impossible to patch, pours a lot of mistakes and zero results, always try to establish himself on the instructions, but then not at all.

Follow the instructions carefully... If you need help, be specific about the problem.

I have two weeks trying to make patches. I can not do dizasembled (Disassembling ACPI files) when certify patch fray a lot of mistakes. Okay, I'm sorry that you are distracted .mozhet delete my posts.
sorry for my English.

p/s I do by these instructions.
http://www.osx86.net/forums/topic/23970-asus-x555lb-ns51-hacbook-pro/
I use your plist for hd5500.
paragraph III. Post Installation / Patch DSDT - I can not do

You will need to be much more specific about the problem you're running into.

Also, follow only the instructions in post #1 of this thread.

If you need help with errors after disassembly, post native files extracted via Clover F4 (DSDT and SSDTs at ACPI/patched).

Such are the mistakes and not do :(
Paste folder ACPI from clover (f4)

I had no issue getting to zero errors with your files...

First, proper disassembly:
iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

Then, apply very common patches:
"Fix PARSEOP_ZERO Error" (aggressive version... read the comments in the patch)
"Fix ADBG Error"

Result: zero errors in DSDT.dsl.

Your second image shows you working with DSDT.aml. The guide is very clear on it... you should not open .aml files directly. Always work with .dsl files disassembled per guide (iasl -da -dl).

ok, I'll try one more time, thanks for the help

how to disassemble ? I enter the command iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml DSDT * .aml, an ACPI(desktop) empty folder. does not understands how to use this iasl ?

You need to change the current working directory to where you have decided to copy the files you extracted via ACPI/origin.

If you're unfamiliar with Terminal/bash basics, suggest you read a tutorial on it...

And you need to use 'iasl -da -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml', not what you wrote above...

I'm trying hackintosh with my Dell M7510, and being stuck to get QE/CI to work. Playing around with DDST/SSDT patched (following guide from this thread but failed right at the step of disassemble and fix compile error. At first at used iasl v4, but many weird compile error reported. Then switch to iasl v5.1 and almost all error disappear. For the remained ones, I managed to fix, except for the 2 SSDT-1 and SSDT-14.
Would you please help me to bypass this. And a further help to patch for graphic in advance is great.

For more background information, my configuration is integrated HD530 along with discrete NVIDIA Quadro M2000M. I tried disabling graphic switching in Bios (to disable the 530 card, correct me if I'm wrong), and install Nvidia Web driver, but it doesn't work (it auto reboot right when the progressbar on boot screen at about 50%, without no suspicious log before that moment). And strange enough, it works for the first reboot after I installed the Nvidia driver and set the nvda_drv=1, that means QE/CI run smoothly, and the Quadro card recognized correctly. After that, with the same Clover config, it can't boot as described above. Then thinking of disable the discrete card using DDST patch method.

Attachments

• folder.zip
    179.1 KB · Views: 79
  • config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
I'm trying hackintosh with my Dell M7510, and being stuck to get QE/CI to work. Playing around with DDST/SSDT patched (following guide from this thread but failed right at the step of disassemble and fix compile error. At first at used iasl v4, but many weird compile error reported. Then switch to iasl v5.1 and almost all error disappear. For the remained ones, I managed to fix, except for the 2 SSDT-1 and SSDT-14.
Would you please help me to bypass this. And a further help to patch for graphic in advance is great.

For more background information, my configuration is integrated HD530 along with discrete NVIDIA Quadro M2000M. I tried disabling graphic switching in Bios (to disable the 530 card, correct me if I'm wrong), and install Nvidia Web driver, but it doesn't work (it auto reboot right when the progressbar on boot screen at about 50%, without no suspicious log before that moment). And strange enough, it works for the first reboot after I installed the Nvidia driver and set the nvda_drv=1, that means QE/CI run smoothly, and the Quadro card recognized correctly. After that, with the same Clover config, it can't boot as described above. Then thinking of disable the discrete card using DDST patch method.

Use ACPI 6.1 and the tools recommended in post #1.

Usually, disabling "graphics switching" disables the Nvidia and keeps Intel.

Use ACPI 6.1 and the tools recommended in post #1.

Usually, disabling "graphics switching" disables the Nvidia and keeps Intel.

Thanks for quick reply. Did as you suggested but still the same error in SSDT-1 and SSDT-14.
This is my steps:
- Extract asl file using F4 in Clover boot screen.
- Decompile asl file using this command: iasl61 -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml
(iasl61 is the file I copied from /RehabMan-MaciASL-2016-0423.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61)
- Compile using RehabMan-MaciASL-2016-0423.app (With ACPI version option set to 6.1)

Some of the error (SSDT-14):
Code:
185, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_RETURN, expecting ',' or ')'
193, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ELSE, expecting ',' or ')'
197, 6126, syntax error, unexpected ','
197, 6126, syntax error, unexpected ')'
391, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

Last edited:
Thanks for quick reply. Did as you suggested but still the same error in SSDT-1 and SSDT-14.
This is my steps:
- Extract asl file using F4 in Clover boot screen.
- Decompile asl file using this command: iasl61 -da -dl -fe refs.txt *.aml
(iasl61 is the file I copied from /RehabMan-MaciASL-2016-0423.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61)
- Compile using RehabMan-MaciASL-2016-0423.app (With ACPI version option set to 6.1)

Some of the error (SSDT-14):
Code:
185, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_RETURN, expecting ',' or ')'
193, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_ELSE, expecting ',' or ')'
197, 6126, syntax error, unexpected ','
197, 6126, syntax error, unexpected ')'
391, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_SCOPE, expecting $end and premature End-Of-File

No idea without seeing the files you're working with. Errors cannot be diagnosed by error message alone. It is why error messages reference the line number of the code...

Attach ACPI/origin after fresh extract via Clover F4.

If the files you provided in folder.zip are representative of Clover F4 extract... the errors in SSDT-14.dsl are real... they are a mistake by the BIOS vendor.

For example, in SSDT-14, method MXMX, it is clearly attempting to call SGPI with one argument. But SGPI is defined in SSDT-4 as taking 4 arguments. Same problem in MXDS.

Apply "Cleanup/Fix Errors [SSDT]" from my laptop repo. Then fix the remaining errors manually:
- remove both MXDS methods

Result: 0 errors.

No danger in removing the code since:
- it is wrong and will never work
- ESEL and DSEL is not defined anywhere, so will also never work

Last edited:
can someone help how to disassemble this stupid DSDT, I do not work :(

Read the guide carefully...

- copy iasl to /usr/bin
- place only DSDT.aml and SSDT*.aml files into a folder
- 'cd' into that folder
- use 'iasl -da -dl *.aml'

Create a folder on the desktop, copied to the files you want + iasl, doing no team score

I have no idea why you're typing '/path/to/iasl'... It is not in the guide and it will not work unless you have a directory from root named 'path' and a subdirectory from there named 'to' where you have copied the 'iasl' binary.

Suggest you read a tutorial on Terminal so you learn the basics before you do some real damage...

Back