Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Nice. Thanks.
I can confirm that the latest build fixed _Q11 and _Q12 error message on toshiba P755.

Note that the problem in _Q11 and _Q12 was not an iasl bug, but rather your mistake... (incorrect disassembly).

The bug was in a different part of the code...

Note that the problem in _Q11 and _Q12 was not an iasl bug, but rather your mistake... (incorrect disassembly).

The bug was in a different part of the code...

Oh I see
I think I disassembled them correctly now. The errors don't show up.

Yup. The errors were in the SPFC method. It was a compiler bug...

One question.
Yesterday, I opened a DSDT file with older MaciASL (Before 6.1 update I guess) it won't open. It showed "error parse ..." or something but fine when I opened it using the new one. Is it normal? Just wondering.

One question.
Yesterday, I opened a DSDT file with older MaciASL (Before 6.1 update I guess) it won't open. It showed "error parse ..." or something but fine when I opened it using the new one. Is it normal? Just wondering.

AML files compiled with the latest iasl (ACPI 6.1) cannot be disassembled with older versions of iasl. There is a new External opcode added that the old version chokes on. It is why my version of MaciASL disassembles using iasl61 regardless of your setting in MaciASL->Preferences.

AML files compiled with the latest iasl (ACPI 6.1) cannot be disassembled with older versions of iasl. There is a new External opcode added that the old version chokes on.

Thanks RehabMan for the enlightenment.

No errors in DSDT/SSDT, brightness working via HD3000/4000 brightness fix to DSDT,GFX0 to IGPU patch to DSDT and SSDT6. Sleep is not working when i close my laptop the screen just turn off but the pc still run, same for energy save but it work if I Stop the laptop. SSDT.aml generated with ssdtprgen what I need to do? Thank you @RehabMan

Here's my file:

View attachment Rehabman.zip

No errors in DSDT/SSDT, brightness working via HD3000/4000 brightness fix to DSDT,GFX0 to IGPU patch to DSDT and SSDT6. Sleep is not working when i close my laptop the screen just turn off but the pc still run, same for energy save but it work if I Stop the laptop. SSDT.aml generated with ssdtprgen what I need to do? Thank you @RehabMan

Here's my file:

View attachment 182907

Power management is not implemented. There is no SSDT from ssdtPRgen.sh in ACPI/patched.

Keep in mind 15-20 second delay before sleep is normal/expected.

Power management is not implemented. There is no SSDT from ssdtPRgen.sh in ACPI/patched.

Keep in mind 15-20 second delay before sleep is normal/expected.

Oh sorry idk how it wasn't there, here it is:
View attachment SSDT.aml
ye it goes sleep after 15 sec if i press the stop button but he doesn't if i close the laptop or wait the time in energy save.

Back