Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

I have the problem that when I add the patched DSDT files Clover folder notebook (Lenovo W540) will not boot. Boot from the USB stick then I'm coming back. How can I verify the error Error message and then the NB starts very quickly again.

I have the problem that when I add the patched DSDT files Clover folder notebook (Lenovo W540) will not boot. Boot from the USB stick then I'm coming back. How can I verify the error Error message and then the NB starts very quickly again.

It means you made a mistake in patching or in Clover config...

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (not EFI folder, make sure to press F4 to collect ACPI/origin). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

After a long wait, I have updated MaciASL and iasl as linked by the guide in post #1.

MaciASL highlights:
- MaciASL is still v1.3, but modified to use a different preferences file than the original
- you will need to reconfigure your MaciASL->Preferences/Sources/etc.
- ACPI 4.0 and ACPI 6.1 is supported. ACPI 6.1 is default. ACPI 5.1 is not included.
- MaciASL always uses iasl61 to do disassembly (when you open an AML directly)

iasl highlights:
- ACPI 6.1 (many improvements)
- a number of errors changed to warnings (less fixing required)
- no longer needed to move Externals that come from refs.txt
- AMLs built with this iasl will likely not disassemble with older iasl (due to addition of External opcode)
- AMLs built with this iasl can often be opened directly without the errors normally caused by unresolved externals (due to addition of External opcode)

Further details at my iasl README: https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-iasl

Bottom line: There are less hassles with the new tools, due to bug fixing in iasl.

There are no errors in your file (using ACPI 6.1). Use the tools linked by post #1.

First i try it with ACPI 5.1 and gave always one error,but indeed with ACPI 6.1 it gives 0 errors!!!Should i fix those warnings or it doesn't matters??

I'm having troubles with your updated MaciASL. Complier summary window doesn't show up when I press compile and also when i manually open the compiler summary window, it is empty.

The first time I opened it and compiled it worked like it should. Then i closed the compiler summary window out of the way and when i needed to compile again it refused to work.

I'm having troubles with your updated MaciASL. Complier summary window doesn't show up when I press compile and also when i manually open the compiler summary window, it is empty.

The first time I opened it and compiled it worked like it should. Then i closed the compiler summary window out of the way and when i needed to compile again it refused to work.

It will be empty with no errors. If you have an issue, post native ACPI files (from ACPI/origin).

It will be empty with no errors. If you have an issue, post native ACPI files (from ACPI/origin).

There should be errors after applying some patches. And around 40 warnings.

Back