Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching LAPTOP DSDT/SSDTs

Many Thanks.

With gfoury's modification, the DSDT.dsl can be compiled without error after opened.

But after applying the "remove _DSM methods", the same syntax error shows up.
To correct that, I replace the _DSM with XDSM instead of removing them,
(manually removing _DSM methods also works)
To this step, it's flawless.
Is that all right?

Then apply the "[audio] audio Layout 3" and "IRQ fix".

Many Thanks.

With gfoury's modification, the DSDT.dsl can be compiled without error after opened.

But after applying the "remove _DSM methods", the same syntax error shows up.
To correct that, I replace the _DSM with XDSM instead of removing them,
(manually removing _DSM methods also works)
To this step, it's flawless.
Is that all right?

Then apply the "[audio] audio Layout 3" and "IRQ fix".

Very common for "Remove _DSM methods" to cause an error in certain DSDTs (MaciASL bug).

Rename has the same effect.

Rehabman, sorry for silly question.
I still not clear, about ssdt.
In plist>ssdt...
What is oem ssdt, The one that we generate or internal ssdt?
If we drop oem ssdt, it means drop internal ssdt, am i right?
Last,
What happen if we drop table, it will drop ssdt that we generate or internal ssdt?

Thanks before dev...:)

Rehabman, sorry for silly question.
I still not clear, about ssdt.
In plist>ssdt...
What is oem ssdt, The one that we generate or internal ssdt?
If we drop oem ssdt, it means drop internal ssdt, am i right?
Last,
What happen if we drop table, it will drop ssdt that we generate or internal ssdt?

Thanks before dev...:)

OEM SSDTs are those that come from BIOS.

Clover injects them unless you use DropOem=true. Which is why you have to use DropOem=true if you're providing patched OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

OEM SSDTs are those that come from BIOS.

Clover injects them unless you use DropOem=true. Which is why you have to use DropOem=true if you're providing patched OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

thanks dev,,,,
please correct if im wrong...
When DropOem=true --- All Bios SDST's will not used.
with note :
BIOS SSDT's will dropped, ONLY if patched SSDT's version available in "patched" folder
and
Some BIOS SSDT's will not dropped, if patched version not available.
Am i true?

how about drop_table?
if we drop "Cpu0Cst" for example. it will drop Oem OR Patched SSDT's that we create?

thanks dev,,,,
please correct if im wrong...
When DropOem=true --- All Bios SDST's will not used.
with note :
BIOS SSDT's will dropped, ONLY if patched SSDT's version available in "patched" folder
and
Some BIOS SSDT's will not dropped, if patched version not available.
Am i true?p

With DropOem=true all BIOS SSDTs will be dropped. Only SSDTs from ACPI/patched will be included.

It doesn't matter whether there is a patched SSDT to match in ACPI/patched or not. Clover doesn't have the ability to tell whether the files there are patched OEM tables or additional tables unrelated to BIOS tables.

how about drop_table?
if we drop "Cpu0Cst" for example. it will drop Oem OR Patched SSDT's that we create?

DropTables can be used to drop individual tables. When using DropOem=true, any DropTables specification for an SSDT has no effect, because all SSDTs are already dropped.

With DropOem=true all BIOS SSDTs will be dropped. Only SSDTs from ACPI/patched will be included.

It doesn't matter whether there is a patched SSDT to match in ACPI/patched or not. Clover doesn't have the ability to tell whether the files there are patched OEM tables or additional tables unrelated to BIOS tables.

DropTables can be used to drop individual tables. When using DropOem=true, any DropTables specification for an SSDT has no effect, because all SSDTs are already dropped.

Many many thanks dev....
I sucessfully installed el capitan on my laptop. Will update profile and post what i do later.
But i have strange problem.
When i just copy all my patched genered ssdt's (from older install) to clean install with same machine. Brightnes set to higheest value and slider on min value, when i slide that slider not effect with brightness value.

Then i remove all ssdt and just use dsdt with drop oem true.. It boot with no display driver. So i copy again all ssdt to folder(included that have gfx0 one) and reboot... It give black screen.. I think brightness value is set to 0 , because i know it actually booted.

What i do is remive ACPIBacklight.kext and brightness working normally... But anytime i install acpi backlight again, it goes black screen again.

Why that happen? What should i do to fix that?
Oh, PS,,, intelbacklight not working for me.

Thank before dev. Please help me.

Already follow all your guide before...
And actually all working. And i decide to do clean install again because i think will be clean if i backup all ssdt that i created before > do clean install > and just copy that backup. Is my step true?

Actually im very very new in hackintosh world... i faced Many many foreign sentences that i never heard before.
But yeah after long time, i can make my laptop running el capitan very well for the first time.

So Im sorry for every my silly question.:D:D

Already follow all your guide before...
And actually all working. And i decide to do clean install again because i think will be clean if i backup all ssdt that i created before > do clean install > and just copy that backup. Is my step true?

Actually im very very new in hackintosh world... i faced Many many foreign sentences that i never heard before.
But yeah after long time, i can make my laptop running el capitan very well for the first time.

So Im sorry for every my silly question.:D:D

No idea what you mean by "and just copy that backup"...

ACPI re-extract/re-patch only required under the conditions presented in the guide:
- BIOS updates
- BIOS option changes
- hardware changes

Back