Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

OK already added your repo and I already applied many of your patch also exists to solve my problem of adjusting the brightness keys?

The patch you need for brightness keys can be constructed via the instructions in post #1. The example provided is for _Q10/_Q11, you just have to customize it for your situation.

OK thanks for the support I Gordon calmly and try to apply it I

OK thanks for the support I Gordon calmly and try to apply it I

It is not as difficult as you're making it. Use some common sense to change the example patch to match your method names and apply it using MaciASL (simple copy/paste, edit, copy/paste).

Ok I solved with the brightness keys much easier than I thought!

Hi, I just patched correctly my SSDT-7 (where the gfx device is defined) and also installed the kext to S/L/E succesfully with kext wizard, but somehow the kext isnt being loaded at boot time (I checked under the "loaded" tab in kext wizard, and also no brightness slider appears in sysPrefs/Displays). How can I troubleshoot this issue? no other patches are applied at the moment and I also patched "rename GFX0 to IGPU" on ssdt-7 and dsdt.

Also, when I place the patched ssdt to my EFI partition, should I name the new ssdt exactly as the original ssdt? (a guide says i should rename it to ssdt-1.aml, why is that?)

thanks

Hi, I just patched correctly my SSDT-7 (where the gfx device is defined) and also installed the kext to S/L/E succesfully with kext wizard, but somehow the kext isnt being loaded at boot time (I checked under the "loaded" tab in kext wizard, and also no brightness slider appears in sysPrefs/Displays). How can I troubleshoot this issue? no other patches are applied at the moment and I also patched "rename GFX0 to IGPU" on ssdt-7 and dsdt.

Did you insure your rename "GFX0 to IGPU" was balanced?
Did you drop OEM tables?
Did you insure the SSDT order with SortedOrder?

Also, when I place the patched ssdt to my EFI partition, should I name the new ssdt exactly as the original ssdt? (a guide says i should rename it to ssdt-1.aml, why is that?)

The guide does not say you need to "use a different name". With Clover, it can be the original name.

Just dropped them and it works :D

ACPI section looks like this:

Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <false/>
            <key>ReuseFFFF</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>SSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DropOem</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Thanks

Just dropped them and it works :D

ACPI section looks like this:

Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <false/>
            <key>ReuseFFFF</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>SSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>DropOem</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Thanks

If you have multiple SSDT files, you should probably read here (regarding SSDT order): http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Hi,

I applied this patch and it only works if I drop tables in Clover. My problem is that if I drop tables, my NVidia disable patch doesn't work any longer and the NVidia card is in a powered on state.

Any idea what to do?

Thanks!

EDIT: Fixed my issues by adding the other SSDTs too :headbang:

Back