// Brightness Down\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, e006=90)\n
end;
into method label _Q11 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, EC _Q12)\n
end;

Wrong. Will not even compile. Read/follow the guide carefully.

Can u please send me the code which I have to compile

Not enough information provided. You need to follow the guide to determine first which events your brightness keys generate. Make sure you know which keys are your brightness keys (test in Windows). Then follow the guide to determine if they are handled via PS2 or ACPI.

Make sure you patch your DSDT per the main guide before beginning.

Not enough information provided. You need to follow the guide to determine first which events your brightness keys generate. Make sure you know which keys are your brightness keys (test in Windows). Then follow the guide to determine if they are handled via PS2 or ACPI.

Make sure you patch your DSDT per the main guide before beginning.
In Windows Brightness Keys are F11 and F12

In Windows Brightness Keys are F11 and F12

Most likely they are actually Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 but BIOS has them reversed so you don't need to press Fn. When you press Fn+F11 and Fn+F12, what you actually get is F11/F12. If you look in your BIOS options, you will probably find an option related to this reversal. F11 and F12 have standard PS2 scan codes unrelated to the brightness keys.

Your keys are likely handled via ACPI as is the case for most modern computers. They keys are probably tied to a pair of EC query methods. Use the instructions in post #1 to determine which methods are activated by the keys.

Most likely they are actually Fn+F11 and Fn+F12 but BIOS has them reversed so you don't need to press Fn. When you press Fn+F11 and Fn+F12, what you actually get is F11/F12. If you look in your BIOS options, you will probably find an option related to this reversal. F11 and F12 have standard PS2 scan codes unrelated to the brightness keys.

Your keys are likely handled via ACPI as is the case for most modern computers. They keys are probably tied to a pair of EC query methods. Use the instructions in post #1 to determine which methods are activated by the keys.
What is the PS2 code for F11 and F12

Back