Contribute
Register

[Guide] Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control

Not possible to diagnose without all files requested. No native ACPI files provided, not possible to verify patch is accurate.

Clearly the patch is not effective based on your patchmatic -extract output.

i found the erro.

the are located here:
Code:
[TABLE="class: highlight tab-size js-file-line-container"]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]<[COLOR=#63A35C]dict[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-num js-line-number, align: right"][/TD]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>Comment</[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]string[/COLOR]>change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW</[COLOR=#63A35C]string[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>Find</[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]data[/COLOR]>R1BSVwI=</[COLOR=#63A35C]data[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>Replace</[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]data[/COLOR]>WFBSVwI=</[COLOR=#63A35C]data[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]				</[COLOR=#63A35C]dict[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

the correct code is:

Code:
[TABLE="class: highlight tab-size js-file-line-container"]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]<[COLOR=#63A35C]dict[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>Comment</[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]string[/COLOR]>change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW</[COLOR=#63A35C]string[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>Find</[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]data[/COLOR]>R1BSVwI=[COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=5]=[/SIZE][/COLOR]</[COLOR=#63A35C]data[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>Replace</[COLOR=#63A35C]key[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]					<[COLOR=#63A35C]data[/COLOR]>WFBSVwI=[COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=5][B]=[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]</[COLOR=#63A35C]data[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: blob-code blob-code-inner js-file-line"]				</[COLOR=#63A35C]dict[/COLOR]>[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

you can see and fix here https://github.com/RehabMan/Lenovo-U430-Touch-DSDT-Patch/blob/xhc_only/config.plist
line 47

Always use a plist editor...

I finally got my laptop working with a live patch.

It was very interesting not depend on the process of extract / patch DSDT with MaciSAL

despite having a good result, I still prefer the "old" way

Thank's for your patience RehabMan

I finally got my laptop working with a live patch.

It was very interesting not depend on the process of extract / patch DSDT with MaciSAL

despite having a good result, I still prefer the "old" way

Thank's for your patience RehabMan

I prefer the hotpatch way...

Files can be shared easier. Patched ACPI files cannot be shared, but config.plist/SSDT-HACK can. And the post install process is simplified. In fact, you can use the full setup (config.plist/SSDT-HACK) during installation and avoid a host of problems.

BIOS updates or hardware upgrades can take place without concern over repatching.

Current list of computers I've done SSDT-HACK for: BRIX, ProBook/EliteBook, HP Envy J, Envy K, Envy Q, Lenovo u330/u430/u530, desktop DH67GD, Lenovo y70.

I prefer the hotpatch way...

Files can be shared easier. Patched ACPI files cannot be shared, but config.plist/SSDT-HACK can. And the post install process is simplified. In fact, you can use the full setup (config.plist/SSDT-HACK) during installation and avoid a host of problems.

BIOS updates or hardware upgrades can take place without concern over repatching.

Current list of computers I've done SSDT-HACK for: BRIX, ProBook/EliteBook, HP Envy J, Envy K, Envy Q, Lenovo u330/u430/u530, desktop DH67GD, Lenovo y70.

YUP,
I agree with you at ease to share. So I created my alternative version with LIVEPATCH to be able to share with colleagues who have the same machine like me.

Try this patch on your dsdt:
Code:
into method label _Q02 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0205)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0285)\n
end;
into method label _Q03 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0206)\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0286)\n
end;

As shown in post #1, better to use code 0x04xx:
Code:
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
end;

As shown in post #1, better to use code 0x04xx:
Code:
begin
// Brightness Down\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)\n
end;
begin
// Brightness Up\n
    Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)\n
end;

hello Rehabman, can you explain the background of that?

for which reason the 0x0405 is better than 0x0205?
I really do not know / understand.

thank you

hello Rehabman, can you explain the background of that?

for which reason the 0x0405 is better than 0x0205?
I really do not know / understand.

thank you

Less messages passing from ACPI to the kext. One message is twice as efficient as two messages.

Less messages passing from ACPI to the kext. One message is twice as efficient as two messages.
When i Click F12 it Shows Me "EC _Q12 enter" on Console.app and when i click F11 it shows me "e006=90 down" Currently My Brightness Key are FN+Home(e045=71) for Increasing Brightness and
FN+PgUp(46=6b) Decreasing Brightness but i wanna change them to F11 for Decreasing and F12 For increasing Brightness. So What can i do......

When i Click F12 it Shows Me "EC _Q12 enter" on Console.app and when i click F11 it shows me "e006=90 down" Currently My Brightness Key are FN+Home(e045=71) for Increasing Brightness and
FN+PgUp(46=6b) Decreasing Brightness but i wanna change them to F11 for Decreasing and F12 For increasing Brightness. So What can i do......

Did you patch ACPI per guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

(especially, "OS Check Fix"...)

Back